HCA 1206 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th June 2012, 06:17 PM   #1
vsat88 is offline vsat88  United States
diyAudio Member

Default HCA 1206

Hi, as I am new to the forum I hope I am not breaking any rules. I did look very carefully and read all I could find before posting. I have an HCA-1206 and have ordered new caps for it however I need a schematic and would like to know the correct voltages to reset the pots on all six channels to bias the transistors properly. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I am somewhat familiar with electrical work however you can probably tell I am not a tech. I love this amp. and really want to fix it to use as a "surround" amp. for my PC. Thank you !
Best regards, Jim Jr.
Old 29th June 2012, 12:21 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Installed the caps today and the amp sounds incredible ! Of course it would not take much considering what I was running after my Kenwood basic M2 took a plunge. (a realistic MPA-250 LOL) well gotta do what you gotta do ! At least I have a good boat anchor ! Thanks for the views as I really love the Parasound and would still like to set the pots if I can. One thing really bad happened though. I was not paying attention and hooked some wires up wrong on re-assembly and fried a channel . O well looks like a five channel amp for now...
Old 29th June 2012, 10:37 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Things have gotten worse..(help please !) Awoke this AM and started the day with coffee and Pachelbel. Well, I had coffee at least..Now the current overload protection light for channel one is coming on and it sounds like a relay is clicking on and off inside the amp. Looks like I may be working in reverse, getting worse instead of better..:0
Old 9th July 2012, 01:12 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Wow, From guys and gals on here I really did expect someone would have given advice as to where I could find the schematic for this amp by now...Oh well I found the issue and corrected it fully and the amp sounds well....incredible. Now if I could just find the values / voltages so I could set the pots...... Thanks to all that took your time to check my post !
Old 15th July 2012, 11:59 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Tony @ Parasound gave me the mv. settings I needed for the amp. as well as some great advice. Thanks for allowing my post on your site.

Hide this!Advertise here!