LME49830 PCB...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know Opc has done the Wire which was very popular but I enjoy doing my layouts and I also think the LME49830 makes a very good amplifier so I'm thinking of getting these boards made for myself and selling the rest I don't need.

ScreenShot2012-06-27at211853.png

ScreenShot2012-06-27at211847.png

Hi Boscoe , IMHO
1. I don't like insects (SMD) , not so many parts , you can use TH components.
2. Heatsink if it's black line on pic , it's small, and too close to elyt caps .
3. No need to layout with dual layers (just few resistors and capacitors ) .
Some connections : clip led , muting switch are missing from PCB , and worst the OT are fake ;)
Regards Alex.

Last edited:
there is zero objectively (and subjectively to me) wrong with SMD for the positions hes used them for, quite the contrary they are the better part for the job. some people will be unable to build an amplifier for themselves with available parts before they accept SMD and trust me, that time is coming

neat layout Boscoe!

also, I thought insects had many legs?

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback.

I like the SMD and don't like SMD because of their pads, I can go underneath them but can't use them as vias!

I will change the sink as I was being a bit lazy and didn't want to draw one I could find on the net as there aren't any appropriate ones in the eagle library, as well as a lot of other things!

I didn't add mute and input coupling be cause I don't like the complexity with them. The user can put some massive 1000000V audiophile tube cap on there if they want!

There's a couple of mistakes on there which I'll try and correct and I may get this sent off to be made in the next couple of weeks due to m starting a new job!

Great job. And I fully support your use of SMD components. And not I am not young and not newbie. I did my first traditional PCB around 1977 but from about 5 years I understood that it is defenetly time to change.
Anyway...
I see that probably you have done it in Eagle.
Would you mind to share the 49830 symbol?.

Thanks for your replies. I'm sorry I don't have the footprint for it I just used vias and went by the pin spacing detailed in the back of the data sheet. You can make then quite easily tho. Sorry but everything is gonna be delayed a week due to me moving to London!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.