Sansui G5700 Heat Problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi :)
I recently purchase a Sansui G5700 receiver, everything works fine, but I worry that gets very hot in the heatsink of the power transistors even at low volume, including several small transistors as well as hot, I never read that talk about the sansui class of amplifiers class A, B or AB, is this normal or do I need to adjust the bias current that goes to 5 volts. I only use 2 speaker at 8 ohm I am planning to put 4 that it increase the heat.

Adjust 3.3 milivolts into these points you see

The output line and the power transistor's emitters..... the voltage drop over the output resistors.

This way it will be not even warm to the touch.

You may be adjusting or measuring wrong place....because correctly adjusted, the iddle power is too much small to you to feel heat into your heatsinks.

You may have other kind of troubles in your circuit.... not only bias adjustment..... but first step is to be sure each power transistor will have a voltage drop of 3.3 milivolts DC in stand by mode (without audio).... this represents 540 miliwatts of heat in each power transistor...this cannot be so big heat unless you have 40 output transistors.... and for sure you have not all these folks there.

Good luck,

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Not even warm.jpg
    Not even warm.jpg
    732.7 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.