637 Amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
637 - Class AB Amplifier

OPAM 637 is very popular with the OPA structure is simple.
I'm inspired by it and the amplifier circuit diagram has the same structure to create this amplifier 637.

This is the inner structure of OPAM

Attachments

• Opam-627-.jpg
    Opam-627-.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 2,201
Last edited:
the constant current circuit diagram for the j-fet input, very little noise and running smoothly!

It is usually not much different in noise that can be seen in simulation of different CCS topologies. Worse, lower noise doesn't always mean better sounding. I'm still not sure if I want to go the trouble building such a complex current source. What is your experience. Is it a big improvement soundwise? I mean, are you just relying on simulation numbers?

ADD: Note that the amp would probably be using regulated front end supply

Last edited:
It is usually not much different in noise that can be seen in simulation of different CCS topologies. Worse, lower noise doesn't always mean better sounding. I'm still not sure if I want to go the trouble building such a complex current source. What is your experience. Is it a big improvement soundwise? I mean, are you just relying on simulation numbers?

ADD: Note that the amp already uses regulated front end supply
??????

my experience is to practice many times,
and tested on actual measurements, tests by many people listen and compare!

current source I have is simple and I noticed not like, I want a smaller noise, so I need to change! I Want amplifier with parameters better technically.

ADD: Note that the amp would probably be using regulated front end supply

I do not understand this sentence, you just tell me!

current source I have is simple and I noticed not like, I want a smaller noise, so I need to change! I Want amplifier with parameters better technically.

[/B]
I do not understand this sentence, you just tell me!

I mean, by looking at perfectionism in you, you might use regulated supply for the front end LTP. This regulated supply will help lower the noise so complex ccs will be less critical than if using no regulated supply.

[/B]

What I want to know is if you have taken the trouble to "voice" the current source. I mean, have you listened and compared several constant current sources. If so, then good, I might try it out. I myself doubt if I can hear improvement because the power supply for the opamp itself will probably have negative effect to the amp.

Quanghao, the input stage to the OPA6x7 is not a conventional LTP. Notice the phase is actually reversed; the Jfet sources actually point up; they are P-channel. This could give nice advantages to the way compensation is applied.

There are ways to perform this phase reversal with an N-channel or NPN LTP (something like cross-comp) but I think these may cause stability problems.

It would be interesting to see if you can make it work with the same input topology as the OP6x7. Otherwise, the circuit is actually pretty conventional, if performing well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.