a complete amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is an amplifier, complete with protections and delay on power
hello people, I was looking in the forum if there is some information on this scheme and I could not find anything, if anyone has a link on this I would appreciate it ...

Attachments

• 500W_MJL21193_21194.jpg
    500W_MJL21193_21194.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 514
It looks like a 5th generation photocopy of a photocopy what may mean the original (and matching explanations) disappeared long ago.

We don´t know the designer or project name, not even what magazine it was published in, so I think you are in a hard to solve quest.

Personally I would search in this Forum for the 500W APEX project, which is much better, you have lots of info and has been built by many.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
.....an SC magazine project with the copyright mark obscured!
A 500 Watt Audio Power Amplifier Module - August 1997 - Silicon Chip Online

With a 500W/4R rating and 7 pairs of output devices though, it definitely is intended for pro. applications where it could survive some serious low impedance loads. IIRC, in this form, it had a 1KVA transformer requirement. This was quite an expensive amp back around 1997 - great for discos but not really for home hi-fi use. Elektor's amp is also for pro use but I know nothing about its reliability.

If you are fishing for design ideas, I would choose from Mile's (Apex Audio) long line of suitable amps here, where there is support and discussion for problems you may have. Old designs such as you have posted may be good but who can support you with experience?

Agree.
The photocopy you posted will probably work, Silicon Chip is a serious Magazine,but so far you only have the bare schematic, no supply/protection/PCB/etc. which must be in the full article of course, but you must purchase the Magazine just to *see* it.
And then find somebody who built it if you want to ask some questions.

While what Ian suggests above is better, from a practical point of view.

No doubt both Apex and Silicon Chip amp are high quality beasts, butthe first one has lotys of builders around plus lots of pages about details ... not forgetting that the Designer himself is here :)

thanks people for the information, I built Rod eliott's P3A and I was very happy with its operation, I will try to build elektor pa300 from November of '95 when I can ... thank you very much to all ... and excuse the inconvenience caused ...

I'm going to give up this 500 amp for the moment, but I thought it was weird that it could be SILICON CHIP, those graphics made me remember that magazine ...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.