HOW TO MAKE A PROPER AMPLIFIER

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't see really the point of an argument or a decent conversation when someone is twisting my sayings .

never said anything like that..... but yes many of us here think that there should be enough capacitance behind a decent class Ab amplifier ..Capacitance on its own though will play some role there is many other things also

now comments like that from a tube guy is hard for me to understand and also how a gainclone has more mustard than any discrete amplifier is hard for me to understand too....

read carefully and try to understand
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/214349-how-make-proper-amplifier.html#post3056872

then compare how similar other commercial audio amplifiers are made ( of similar range )
evaluate if things that the specific amplifiers offers are more innovative or concentrates more technologies than others
and tell us an opinion about the subject if you have one ....

( the all point is that the specific amplifier has implemented a number of things that you don't often see in commercial or diy amps and with a very high rank of concentration .Also it is important since many times we have been told about from the real gurus of the forum but seems that most of us and many commercial manufacturers failed to follow so many rules in one amplifier only ..... )

thanks
sakis

Last edited:
Someone tried to compare an amplifier with yours, you dismissed it because it has a fan on the power supply, that the owner states never runs in his application.

The fan is there for protection and care when being abused in a rack/ PA type environment, say outdoors on a hot day.
At those SPLs and distances the fan is inaudible.

Now I have not heard that particular Crown, but I have heard one of your amps that was kicking around the neighbourhood a few years back.

It's nothing impressive, it sounds like an average $80 bookshelf stereo. Any science you bring forth to this "proper" amplifier will be misleading at best.

you haven't got an idea of WTF you are talking about ..

The specific ventilator is called a transmotor and has on the same winding that is used for the ventilator , a secondary winding that provides 2*18 ac for the protection circuits to operate .

Point is very simple if the ventilator fails obviously the protection circuit will not have any power to operate so no click .
So the ventilator is not thermostatic and operates constantly ...

Point is that the ventilator stops from mechanical failure stops rotating while the coil remains operative and still producing voltage for the protection circuits and the amplifier actually boils till failure

Had to fix 6 times the same problem in 5 years ( for six different amps ) ...Have you ever repaired any of these amps ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.