how to remove stains in your AMP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
the one responsible for the coloration of the sound
is the resistance of feedback in the amplifier :p

the best solution is to inject the signal directly with a capacitor
as happens in the current / voltage converters :)

is important to use components with a low gain
especially with low supply voltages :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Presence scene.PNG
    Presence scene.PNG
    78 KB · Views: 189
  • mx50-07.jpg
    mx50-07.jpg
    477.4 KB · Views: 182
indeed youve lost me too, inject the signal directly with a capacitor as happens in IV convertors? thats normally done with a resistance, unless you mean in a voltage out dac like most I see you playing with, which makes it a buffer, or voltage gain stage, not an IV stage, if you avoid the resistor in an IV convertor, the resistance is simply supplied by the next stage input impedance/resistance, which is not as linear as a resistor. you have not removed it at all, just shifted it to a less ideal position

Congratulations, you have built an inverting amplifier.

Voltage gain is now set by R1 and the output impedance of the previous stage.

Inverting operation circumvents several distortion mechanisms potentially present in noninverting amplifiers, as discussed e.g. in Samuel Groner's opamp measurements. Hence it is not uncommonly preferred in power buffers.

I'm afraid this isn't anything new, groundbreaking or spectacular though...

with R1 = 27K (1mA with 1K develops 1V) is obtained, however, an open-loop gain

is a new idea to use this condition in a power amplifier as it were a zero-feedback ideal architecture

direct entry (C1) puts R1 in a role of DC servo

and generates an effect presence unpublished

Attachments

• 0216203225VAS_CS-2.gif
    0216203225VAS_CS-2.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 108
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.