would need more data on this amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I mean this amp, I q is posted but did not have time to check out the forum, the questions I have are:
the value of the coil, if the 1N4148 diodes are mounted on the additional sink and many more that I can not remember, thanks and greetings.

Attachments

• 400wschematicav0_melody_151.jpg
    400wschematicav0_melody_151.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 286
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I would not build his amplifier. It's an amalgam of bits and pieces that makes me think it's a paper design.

Better to build the Leach amp (a balanced symmetrical design) instead, or the Honey Badger (a Lin topology amp - see top of the solid State forum for details)

The Leach is a classic amp from the early '80's that gets most things right and has been built thousands of times and is fully debugged.

The Honey Badger is a more recent design that incorporates some refinements to achieve very low distortion.

Both are very worthwhile, they have PCB's available and you can get loads of help and guidance from people on the forum.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Are you just looking for high power to suit PA or you are looking for high fidelity? There is a lot more cost and time required to design and build an amplifier that does both.

The answer to your question about the output coil, post 3, is that it is universal, not normally related to the amplifier but to ringing due to the load, so a figure of 1.5 - 6.8 uH is typical. Occasionally, a designer will use a higher value to increase HF roll-off and thus improve the HF distortion figures. That's called specsmanship.

Personally, I too am impressed by large amplifiers with extensive circuits but for personal use, 100W is more than enough power to deafen me and annoy my neighbours.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.