amplifier biasing help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi
i have replaced TIP35/36C blow out put stage trasistors from Focal amp and replaced with 2SC5200 pairs.

Now there is a REFERENCE POINT and BIAS CHECK point. The voltage across all four channels is 2mV to 80 mv.

VCE= 30.6 volt for all

VBE= 0.35V to 0.55 Volt ?

Any guidance how to adjust bias before i blow them out again.:confused:

hi
i have replaced TIP35/36C blow out put stage trasistors from Focal amp and replaced with 2SC5200 pairs.

Now there is a REFERENCE POINT and BIAS CHECK point. The voltage across all four channels is 2mV to 80 mv.

VCE= 30.6 volt for all

VBE= 0.35V to 0.55 Volt ?

Any guidance how to adjust bias before i blow them out again.:confused:

TIP 35 is an NPN whereas TIP36 is PNP inferring a complementary pair. 2SC5200 is NPN, It would suggest to me that you need a PNP to match the replacement of the TIP36.The correct complement for the 2SC5200 is a 2SA1943
Cheers / Chris

Last edited:
nigel my question is not about the load in bridge load its about biasing after changing the out put transistors.

I dont think anything else is destroyed as i powered up the amp through a series bulb resistor, it has turned on and with small signal input all the channels are working fine without much current draw to indicate a shortage or overheating,

But how do i check whats the ideal bias current ? at what value should i adjust the bias pots. ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.