Bridging a SS amp with a tuber inverter section - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2012, 12:25 AM   #1
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Jun 2008
Default Bridging a SS amp with a tuber inverter section

Hey gang,

what I'm looking to do is make a simple phase inverter for a stereo amp so I can bridge it. The schematic is simple and I know I can safely use a 741 or better opamp and just invert the signal going to one of the power amps.

However, for grins and giggles, if I wanted to do this with a tube...Knowing I need plate voltage..the amp supplies roughly 220volts for a preamp tube already in the circuit.

I'd like to do this and I'm just asking to make sure I have the info I need:

1. Input impedance of the driverstage as is

2. Output impedance from initial driver stage to actual power amplifier modules.

3. Gain loss or recovery in said stage.

I'm thinking of using a 12BH7...if it can supply enough gain.
  Reply With Quote


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Phase inverter/power section redplater Tubes / Valves 13 18th November 2010 05:30 AM
Differences between single-section and two-section filters Sunsun22 Power Supplies 3 20th November 2009 05:23 AM
Seperate power supply for pre-amp section in integrated amp? KevinLee Solid State 8 2nd February 2008 10:20 PM
I need a simple ss reverb for a ss guitar amp. yeto Instruments and Amps 8 18th January 2006 06:54 AM

New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:58 PM.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2017 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2