Replacement motorized volume control

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

The volume control in my Kenwood KAF-3030R amplifier has some problems with signal dropouts at certain positions in one channel, so I thought I woud try to obtain a replacement. Warranty has expired long ago, of course.

I know the Kenwood part number from the service manual, which is R39-0030-08. It is a stereo 100K(B) pot, component code VR250 in the service manual schematic.

I have included pictures at the bottom of this post. I wonder if anyone here recognises the volume pot, and knows where to get a identical or compatible one. Hopefully I'll be able to replace only the pot, or at least not more than the pot+motor.

Here are some pictures showing the volume control board on which the motorized volume control is mounted:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thanks for any help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.