1500 watts ab class 2 ohms

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
pcb-output-r-2-hdf-x-2012-p1500-130-rev-2.5.tar.gz - SourceForge.JP
en.sourceforge.jp › ... › Download Files List
Free download page of Project MATRIX 1.4 Free Audio Power Amplifier's pcb-output-r-2-hdf-x-2012-p1500-130-rev-2.5.tar.gz.Technology source in the form of ...
Hi
greetings has anyone made this amplifier pcb for driver stage and output
is on this site schematics are also there
warm regards
andrew lebon

Schematic of 1500w ab class

hi
greetings any comments on schematic if anything seems amiss
will post pcb of driver and power output stage
warm regards
andrew lebon

Attachments

• Scan.jpg
    Scan.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 1,067
you want kw AMP

hi
greetings any comments on schematic if anything seems amiss
will post pcb of driver and power output stage
warm regards
andrew lebon

offcouse if your speaker is 2ohm it will be nearly 1,5kw. but at drive only by 01 Tip 42,41 for 10 SC5200,1943 pair ,it seem not enought only for design.should be add more Tip 41,42 and any how if yo have more power ...you can improve this circuit by class G,H get double voltage up to +-100V ..

"offcouse if your speaker is 2ohm it will be nearly 1,5kw."

Of course it cannot be.

If the amplifier was 100% efficient with a fully regulated supply, 1.5KW/2Ω would require 54.77V RMS, or 77.447V peak.

This would seem a bit hard to get from ±77V rails, the loss in the emitter resistors alone would be about 2V.

I don't like the 100V rated TIP 41C/42C parts, other than that I don't see a problem delivering 750W/2R with a very stiff supply.

An Adcom GFA 555 runs on the same kind of voltage but because of its small anemic supply only drives 450W/2Ω. This anemic supply is over 1KVA with a 50% duty cycle.

Hi Djk
greetings you have any high power ab class schematics to share i know HCLASS
and D class are in vogue now but sound quality of ab class is better whats your views
since you are proffessional guy for me its just diy nothing more surely 1000 watts and above in ab class can be made if correct schematic is there please can you help
warm regards
andrew lebon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.