1500 watts ab class 2 ohms

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
"This does not sound right to me.
Can you explain further?"

Dr. Poh Ser Hsu wrote a paper presented to the BAS when he was at MIT. He found that a triple-rail amplifier design had a greater increase in efficiency on a reactive load vs a resistive load (a Carver was examined and found to have an efficiency of 87.5%).

Unfortunately, the Boston Audio Society does not seem to have copies of the Speaker (BASS) available from the mid 80s.

"do you have its pcb pattern"

Sorry, I do not.

I wish I had a copy of the paper, I was reading it at a friend's house in the late 80s.

I think what may be implied is the current not being in phase with the voltage so the outputs have dropped to a lower voltage tier, I would have to do some investigation here. Poh Ser Hsu initially wondered if the increase in efficiency might not be there on reactive loads, he found out that it actually improved on a reactive load.

The AB zero volt switch looks interesting, it knocks a whole bunch of voltage off the outputs (and thus power dissipation) without needing an extra transformer winding, rectifiers, and filter caps (the main cost in adding a rail-switch).

I use the MJ21195/96 for the outputs and the MPSA06/A56 to replace the diff pairs.

I realize they are not exact, but they seem to work. I have been lucky and have not had to tweek any compensation caps (so far).

You may find some (claimed) original parts, but I was seeing fake outputs on these numbers over 20 years ago, buyer beware!

That's fine, if you don't mind a spambot grabbing it, or everybody and their monkey's uncle e-mailing you.

I'm also not going to post copyrighted material without permission either, although AB will generally send their schematics out for free (on request).

That's fine, if you don't mind a spambot grabbing it, or everybody and their monkey's uncle e-mailing you.

I'm also not going to post copyrighted material without permission either, although AB will generally send their schematics out for free (on request).

I meant "you posting" make and model, but I can see where "it" could get lost in translation. I can get schematics, that's not a problem, just needed to know where to look, which is what I asked - and the contents of your PM was more than sufficient. thx

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.