JVC VN700 power off problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I have a JVC VN700 which switches off after 12 mins or so of use. On re powering, it trips againg after a few seconds. Sounds like a component faliure but could do with some advice to save lenghthy check.

If anyone has experienced this problem or has any advice, I would be very grateful.

I have checked the amp without speakers and with one chanel only, same problem so I guess the output trans are ok?

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for the advice, very much appreciated as I don't have an electronics background just some basic knowledge through messing around with vintage valve amps.

DC voltage measured over 100mv on one chanel so I took out one of the what I think are the preamp boards (TAD809) to test and found the culprit. The other board measures around 38 in both left and right slots.

With my limited knowledge, I will start by changing the caps and move on to resistors. I will have to do some reading on transistors!

Thanks again for your help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.