Quick guide on Grounding

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here we go:D

Attachments

• Grounding.png
    Grounding.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 2,476
Atleast any wires bearing current such as the speaker returns should in my opinion always go to the center point of the main storage caps and NOT to a secondary star.

My lafet amp does have a secondary star on the drive board where the signal grounds go along with some filter caps, and then a single wire from there to the center point of the main caps, there is no hum what so ever, u have to give it a signal to tell if its on or not.

So having signal and speaker ground sharing the same ground lead is the right way then ?

As in having smaller storage caps on each channel which center point is each channels speaker ground with a 10 ohm resistor between it and signal ground and then three leads per channel to the main psu, is this what your trying to say ?

If yes, then that for sure hum loudly as signal and speaker ground shares the same wires.

Tekko, could you please try a quick sim experiment? With the circuit grounded as you show, could you place a few ohms in the lead going from PCB ground to the PS ground? Now could you do the same thing, but moving the speaker grounds to the PCB ground point?

I would do this, but I'm SPICE-challenged.:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.