diyAB Amp The "Honey Badger" build thread

Hello, I have built a honey badger and when I turn it on, the leds light up, the tests resistors stay cold but I measure -59V at the output on both of my two boards v2.4 from the diyaudio store. I have used the componenents from the 2.0 version, does the problem come from this? Thank you for your answers and sorry for my mistakes, I'am still learning english.

Hello, I have built a honey badger and when I turn it on, the leds light up, the tests resistors stay cold but I measure -59V at the output on both of my two boards v2.4 from the diyaudio store. I have used the componenents from the 2.0 version, does the problem come from this? Thank you for your answers and sorry for my mistakes, I'am still learning english.

I do not know version 2.0. Unless it's completely different parts have nothing to do with it. You have negative rail voltage on the output. Either you have shortened tracks somewhere or you have faulty transistors, most likely power ones.

cheers,

I had the transformer custom wound from Primrose(here in Canada). I haven't used it yet, but it appears to be very high quality. Many of the builders here use the recommended Antek transformer with good results.

The enameled wire was harder to find. I ended up getting some from a local alternator winding shop as some members here suggested :)

Hi!

I have taken some interest in this build and have a pretty simple question.
I was planing to use this amp with my Apogee Scintilla 1 Ohm version.

Can I add 7 more (10 total/channel) and maybe more output transistors and driving the unit using about +25V -25V with a 1500VA transformer and get away with it?
Big heat sinks.

I need the amp to be stable at 1 Ohm.

Cheers!

Here is pic of one side. Wires are long for ease of testing

Attachments

• 6BC8CBE9-1CA9-4520-9365-E45A71FA1AED.jpg
    6BC8CBE9-1CA9-4520-9365-E45A71FA1AED.jpg
    991.7 KB · Views: 407
  • F14FE46F-C70F-4839-A744-173487510D0E.jpg
    F14FE46F-C70F-4839-A744-173487510D0E.jpg
    991.7 KB · Views: 399