diyAB Amp The "Honey Badger" build thread

You now see the use (actually primary) for the blue/red leds.

LED glows - DO NOT touch. (told that to my kids) :D .
PS - shocked myself once , all my amps are now "christmas trees" :).
My New amps actually combine LED function (voltage/CCS references) with the safety factor and "looks" (UV ,blue,green).

I just LOVE led's :cool::cool: .

OS

I do too!
Hey, if you use a bunch of the orange ones, it makes an interesting tube-like glow outta the vents. :D

Three pictures of my first HB unit. There will be at least one more like this one.
It's a terribly compact case. Speaker protection is bolted to the upper cover above and between PS caps.

cheers,

Attachments

• HB casedR.jpg
    HB casedR.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 684
  • HB inside.jpg
    HB inside.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 670
  • HB bottom.jpg
    HB bottom.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 652
Another option, especially applicable if larger resistor values are used. . .
Is it okay to put a little cap in parallel with the 10R groundlift, say about 100n for treble bypass?
yes , that is a good idea. I used a bypass across the 10R to mitigate PC power supply noise in an earlier amp project . A .1uf multilayer ceramic was used.
OS

OK I'll install sink before doing anything more. what is the purpose of R53and 54, the 22 ohm resistors to each rail. looks like they would only come into play if fuses go out.

Yes, OS calls them safety resistors. I call them board burners. I would leave a space between them and the board is you use them. If the fuse blows, they will probably burn as well, mine did.