diyAB Amp The "Honey Badger" build thread - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th July 2012, 03:00 PM   #41
diyAudio Member

Default Bill of Materials (BOM) from DiyAudio.com store (link below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmcl View Post
Has anyone created a Mouser BOM for this amp yet? I started on it but I'm a bit of a noob and got confused on the types of resistors (ceramic, carbon, film, etc) that would be best.
The information is in the store.
Bill of Materials Spreadsheet
This can be opened with Excel, Excel Reader (free), Oxygen Office (free), Open Office (free) and more.

Or you can click on the attachment, which is a PDF
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HoneyBadger_BOM.pdf (21.1 KB, 414 views)
Old 13th July 2012, 05:24 PM   #42
mattmcl is offline mattmcl  United States
diyAudio Member

For R43-R48 the BOM calls for noble resistors in the tolerance column. What does this mean?
Old 13th July 2012, 06:28 PM   #43
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmcl View Post
For R43-R48 the BOM calls for noble resistors in the tolerance column. What does this mean?
Noble is a brand name, like Vishay, Dale, etc. . . That entry needed to say "non inductive"
Mouser doesn't make it easy, but probably these:RS005R2200FE12 Vishay/Dale | Mouser
But, I think that OS actually used something like this: 280-CR5-0.22-RC Xicon | Mouser
The ordinary grade of little white 5 watt wirewound in values of 0.25 ohms and less (including our 0.22 ohms) are usually non-inductive with no extra effort for that feature and thus no extra price is necessary. However, the leads are inductive, and thus it seems that fitting nicely to the board is good to do.

Last edited by danielwritesbac; 13th July 2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 13th July 2012, 07:36 PM   #44
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

any confirmation that this is true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielwritesbac View Post
The ordinary grade of little white 5 watt wirewound in values of 0.25 ohms and less (including our 0.22 ohms) are usually non-inductive with no extra effort for that feature and thus no extra price is necessary. However, the leads are inductive, and thus it seems that fitting nicely to the board is good to do.
Old 14th July 2012, 12:20 PM   #45
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variac View Post
any confirmation that this is true?
Yes sir. Here is a little scrap of evidence in this Ohmmite datasheet. In wirewound construction, the shorter the element, the smaller the value, the lesser the inductance, so at the smallest of values there is insignificant inductance.

As far as the leads being inductive, that is merely wishful thinking because I hope they are good quality copper rather than some economy alloy. In either case it looks good to have the resistor fit so that the leads aren't long.

Last edited by danielwritesbac; 14th July 2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 15th July 2012, 02:43 PM   #46
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielwritesbac View Post
The information is in the store.
Bill of Materials Spreadsheet
This can be opened with Excel, Excel Reader (free), Oxygen Office (free), Open Office (free) and more.

Or you can click on the attachment, which is a PDF
I'm in he same boat as mattmcl... trying to create a mouser BOM but am struggling. Has anyone done this yet? I've made it through the transistors and diodes, but am feeling a lower confidence level in selecting the right components from here on out. Anyone done this? I'd be greatly appreciative for any help...

Also, have found a few of the components aren't available at Mouser... specifically q10, q11, q12, q13 (2sa1381, 2sc3503)... found the substitutes in the build guide to be available however.

I've built a cmoy and a o2, looking to build understanding and take on a larger project... I'd appreciate any assistance! Thanks!

-dt2511

Last edited by dt2511; 15th July 2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 16th July 2012, 03:48 PM   #47
diyAudio Member

dt, not sure if you saw this but I started a Google Docs spreadsheet with links to Mouser parts. There are still some holes, and I'm not sure if these are the best components but it's a start.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...U5vSUNoeHZlMXc
Old 16th July 2012, 03:53 PM   #48
diyAudio Member

Fantastic! i'll check it out.

Could we also perhaps ask for a hand from some of the more experienced members on the forum to vet this list? It'd provide a lot of value back to those building experience here to have a item-specific list for this project.

A little help please for us noobs?
Old 16th July 2012, 08:11 PM   #49
diyAudio Member

Default Mouser Search Trick (for broader search)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt2511 View Post
Also, have found a few of the components aren't available at Mouser... specifically q10, q11, q12, q13 (2sa1381, 2sc3503)...
These might be listed as 2sa (japanese) or ksa (Fairchild) in the Mouser search. To blind the search to this difference omit either the 2 or the k. For example, search for sa1381 at Mouser and you will find it.
Old 16th July 2012, 08:11 PM   #50
diyAudio Member

Check out this thread on the chassis. Looks like they're working on adding part numbers to the BOM.

The diyAudio Store (USA) soon to stock chassis requesting your feedback!

Hide this!Advertise here!