Another Parasound HCA-2200ii owner checking in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,

So I took the chance on ePray for an HCA-2200ii amp at a great price and I lucked out. It's in great shape even though it wasn't packed well.

Visual inspection doesn't show anything outstanding and it powers up and plays fine.

Two things to note.. It idles warm. The cat loves it. Is this norm? Also, the power up relays are a tad off on power up.. ie. power on, click click. 1 then 2.. about half a second delay. Normal?

It has been fully burned in by me, running constantly for a week with no issues at all. However, due to the age and beasty nature of it, I am thinking of sending it out for a bench check. I'm thinking this is probably a good idea but the purchase was not planned, I simply lucked out on a good deal. Funds could be spent better at the moment but if the powers that be suggest a servicing, off it goes. So what do you all think?

Thanks.

I had the same problem with the "pop" on shutdown. I contacted Tony at Parasound and he had me take the cover off the amp and tighten the screws on the power supply capacitors. He believed they may have become loose during shipment. It was a simple fix, but it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.