Logitech amp upgrades

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
M-Audio Studiophile AV40 was the make and model of the studio monitors i've seen recommended to ppl looking for high audio quality computer systems.

However these come in two models, one older model and a newer lightweight model, out of the two, the older model is the better of the two.

well i guess your best option is to get some M-Audio powered speakers or Klipsch ProMedia 2.1.

however you could follow my steeps and search your creigslist and find a receiver like i did. got mine for $120 for a mint one that was 6 years old. only real thing that it's missing was having hdmi inputs but i wouldn't be using them. then you could get the Dayton audio B652's to start off with and mod them.

Dayton Audio B652 6-1/2" 2-Way Bookshelf Speaker Pair 300-652

Get a used pro audio amplifier like this Crown Comtech 410:

Crown Com Tech 410 2 Channel Power Amplifier Made in USA NO RESERVE | eBay

If you get lucky, you can find a Comtech 400/410 for less than $100. These are similar to the famous Crown Macrotechs but are designed for stationary installations. The cool thing is that these amps support balanced inputs and have no trouble driving massive speakers. I'm running 2 at the moment and am massively pleased. I got lucky when I bought my last one because it came with a nice PIP-lite card that supports a network interface and Crown's IQwic amp management software.

Then purchase a passive/powered subwoofer and 2 nice front speakers. If you want to eliminate noise, purchase a cheap computer audio interface that supports balanced outputs and hook it up to the amp.

Last edited:
well i guess your best option is to get some M-Audio powered speakers or Klipsch ProMedia 2.1.

however you could follow my steeps and search your creigslist and find a receiver like i did. got mine for $120 for a mint one that was 6 years old. only real thing that it's missing was having hdmi inputs but i wouldn't be using them. then you could get the Dayton audio B652's to start off with and mod them.

Dayton Audio B652 6-1/2" 2-Way Bookshelf Speaker Pair 300-652

How's the low end on those Dayton's?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.