TSSA - The Simplest Symmetrical Amplifier

Sonny,

I have one question about your TSSA design:

I think I understand the reasons you included the i/p stage hawsford cascode in this design ( about 3db better PSNRR + constant voltage ) but I was not so sure about why you included the CFP - In spice I could not see much of a difference - would be interested to here your thinking on that.

thanks

mike

Last edited:
Hi Tsiros :wave:

As you can see this and SSA thread are not just about one specific schematic, its PCB and bill of material. They're much more, they're about exploring ideas, experimenting, letting people express their opinion about certain solutions, etc. OK both are mainly oriented to current feedback amplifiers, their history (SSA thread) and modern designs implementations with quite some special new and very capable semiconductors.

Very nice about electronics is that the knowledge can step up gradually and very consistently, since any practically proven circuit has 100% repeatability especially with modern parts.

So my advice to you is never give up, be open minded, learn, think about ideas, test them practically and over the time you can become skillful designer of your own ideas based on common electronics knowledge.

Regards Andrej ;)

Assembly of CSA PCB-s progressing slowly, still long way from starting CSA thread, since I decided that the right moment will be when CSA will be throughly tested and installed in my system. :yes:

First I have to check front-end stage functionality and performance, but nothing before receiving Vishay trimmers and Murata compensating capacitors. So still a lot of work ahead ... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• CSA PCB5.jpg
    CSA PCB5.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 771
  • CSA PCB6.jpg
    CSA PCB6.jpg
    496.3 KB · Views: 740
Hi All. Just wanted to say that All boards are assemblied.

There is a little error in the diagram. There is a 680r resistor instead of 100r in one of the ccs.

The diagram Will be updated, and also the assembly and adjustment procedure Will be uploaded in the weekend. That Will be just a Day before the first boards Will arive.

So we Will start to sent them out tomorrow.

Sonny,

I have one question about your TSSA design:

I think I understand the reasons you included the i/p stage hawsford cascode in this design ( about 3db better PSNRR + constant voltage ) but I was not so sure about why you included the CFP - In spice I could not see much of a difference - would be interested to here your thinking on that.

thanks

mike

No, not at Open loop. The distortion Will go Down a little . And the 're' Will be lowered. But at the same time the current through base of the transistor Will stay at ~1uA. Without cfp it is ~10uA. This Will lower the thermally drift of the input offset current.