TSSA - The Simplest Symmetrical Amplifier

I have not been spending sufficient time following the details this Thread has exposed recently, so out of ignorance on my part, I ask a question.

Do the use of bc550c/560c as the input pairs raise the likely hood or possibility of stability issues?
Could one of each pair be specified to be lower gain and/or lower fT to help with stability?

Do the use of bc550c/560c as the input pairs raise the likely hood or possibility of stability issues?
Could one of each pair be specified to be lower gain and/or lower fT to help with stability?

No problem AndrewT ;)

Single transistor pair BC550C/BC560C is rock stable, no instability whatsoever. :cool:

Since the wish to improve input pair to have constant power dissipation (cascoded Sziklai) was expressed, it was not tested in practice with TSSA yet. So all useful information of stability and improvement, if any, will be gathered by Gerhard and Sonnya, since they already experienced super simple TSSA from post #1. :)

Sziklai shouldn't have any instability problems (different with Baxandall) since Vce of input pair have enough headroom to operate in linear conditions, also Ic is almost costant ie. 0,65 mA. ;)

I use BC327-40 and BC337-40.
The modules are nearly ready for testing.
I will let them sit for an hour and then double check.
I hope to get the amp working today.

Attachments

• ssa module 1.jpg
    ssa module 1.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 542
  • ssa module 2.jpg
    ssa module 2.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 525
It appears from the various posts around the Forum, that the loss of one factory to a natural event, took down worldwide production of Lateral Power mosFETs.

This may confirm that all current product is based on the same process and the same manufacturer.

Could this be why Laterals are more expensive than Verticals? No competition.

Hi guys :wave:

A day off from the forum, so where did we stay. :rolleyes:

Yes Gerhard, that modules looks great, very compact, just to mine taste hehe :up:

Smoke you said, tiny little black thingy was black before anyway, smoken, no help for him anymore. :djinn: :violin:

So there's obviously some mistake inside that module, plus smoken part to find. We'll use sniffy doggy style to find him, he certainly didn't have a shower in between. That's sorted :D

Second module stays a side, first one to repair. It's good that it will operate the same with or without outputs. CCS can be isolated and tested separately, for the inputs you have to measure each BJT diodes to check functionality plus correct position in the circuit. :smash:

But you already know all that, it's just that your time schedule is too tight to fit in, I know. Well if you don't find a solution before just bring them to High End and we'll discuss from there on. :cool: