TSSA - The Simplest Symmetrical Amplifier

Course to GND.And the red cancel??

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Yes, one more time it's only for test pocedure witout output device soldered. You don't have to cut any tracks just run a wire from output terminal to GND terminal for CCS test witout any other parts soldered as they specifed on schematic i join above

Marc

Last edited:
I want amplifier normally use, not tested!

I can nothing more for you. Up to date i never ended it....This project must going through debugging process and the first step is testing CCS as LC shown. As you discover the 2N issue, to the board must be modified to be running correct. Etch a new one modifed and solder on parts indicated by LC....an only than LC could help to go foward and validate the first step.

Marc

I finished my little TSSA BJT amp. There are so few parts I probably could of done it P to P but I've been trying to get better at laying out and making pcb'. It sounds pretty good. I'm using 2SC5200/2SA1943 output trans. My power supply is pretty standard, unregulated, 20,000uF per rail, 200va transformer.

Will this amp also handle a little over +-40vdc rail? I'd like to try it-out P2P and house it on this Tube like chassis that I built out of recycled materials. I could replace the BC550C/560C with the higher power BC556B/546B. Any other values that needs adjusting?

Many Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20150910_104537.jpg
    IMG_20150910_104537.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 928
  • TSSA BJT (1).jpg
    TSSA BJT (1).jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 936
The basic circuit relies on high class A current. So to perform just decent it should operate at atleast 2A idle ... So rising the voltage to 40v means a lot of heat. Also the arrangement with collector into base of the output device with no basis to emitter Resistor to turn the power transistors fast off would mean slow turn of as soon as it leaves class A.

My tssa v2 to V8 is a lot more complex to keep it all running as you already had figured out. But Then it is possible to run it In class AB without sacrisfying Performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk