TSSA - The Simplest Symmetrical Amplifier

About Tantalum, they are not so bad for signal too, as long as they are polarized with enough voltage margin. More fluid than Aluminum, on my feelings.

I have never had a good experience with tantalum. Yes they have that clean character (or whatever audiophile term suitable for that) but what I'm looking for is a sound that will grab my attention and make me absorbed into the music. Tantalum is just not it. May be it is more suitable for digital circuitry like the Sanyo Oscon.

please do not find the link for the latest design PCB.Que Idefixes performed with the help of Lazy Cat.:confused:

See attached.

Marc

Attachments

• TSSA_BIGBT_HP_sch.png
    TSSA_BIGBT_HP_sch.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 577
  • L_SSA_BIGBT_HP_50Vdc_es_brd.png
    L_SSA_BIGBT_HP_50Vdc_es_brd.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 570
TLP627 is opto device remoted by DC detection on OUTput. The whole effect is to shutdown output stage when DC is present.

The design is not fully tested for moment (missing time). Before etching plate are you shure to be able to purchase all matched need transistor in BIGBT module (NPN/PNP and mosfet) but all little and middle transistors too in first stage?

Marc

TLP627 is opto device remoted by DC detection on OUTput. The whole effect is to shutdown output stage when DC is present.

The design is not fully tested for moment (missing time). Before etching plate are you shure to be able to purchase all matched need transistor in BIGBT module (NPN/PNP and mosfet) but all little and middle transistors too in first stage?

Marc

What?

Other than the TLP627, I have everything in my large parts collection; JFETs are similar, eg., 2N5461 instead of 5462. So will a PDF of the track pattern be made available please? Thanks.

Hi Samuel

2N5461 is conditionally acceptable because it could have too low Vgs at demanded CCS current, so cascoded BJT's Vce=Vgs would not have enough headroom to operate properly. I suggest you to use 2N5462 or two 2N5461 in parallel. ;)

Hi Samuel

2N5461 is conditionally acceptable because it could have too low Vgs at demanded CCS current, so cascoded BJT's Vce=Vgs would not have enough headroom to operate properly. I suggest you to use 2N5462 or two 2N5461 in parallel. ;)

Thanks for that info. Might as well order for 2N5462 from Element14 (formerly Farnell) as well as all the JFETs required for Sonya's version of the TSSA.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
The 200kHZ square waves pics are with no bypasses at all. Not on rails, not on feedback. Perfectly stable. I don't know if the bypasses speed it up more, but with just the FC lytics, I found the -3dB point at circa 2.5MHZ (6 vertical divisions reduced to 4 rough check point).

From stability point of view it is okay as Rf is not alteret.

How do you describe the Sound after some days og use?

What about salas? What do you Think ?

Sound is really nice, I think the best amp ever listened.
Changed the feedback resistors to 50R from 100R to have a little bit more gain. Seems better on the lower gain but I am not sure. Maybe try with 75R and see.