TSSA - The Simplest Symmetrical Amplifier

Hi, LC could adapte the TSSA HP for +/-50Vdc? It would be really nice from you.

For fun il will try the liitle pcb for TSSA TT.

Marc

Testing/ironing out TSSA BIGBT, allowing/confirming a range of PSUS 45V-70V and issuing a board would be a happy practical conclusion of the Andrej ideas threads. What is the projected power range for those supply voltages?

TSSA BIGBT HP is high precision CCS driven-defined (1,72 mA source/sink) so all idle conditions depends on this value. Change of the supply potential would be peace of cake stuff, demands only to change the resistance value of the voltage dumping resistors (4 x 56 k, 4 x 22 k). All other parts would stay unchanged if they fulfill minimal potential margins. ;)

So we can produce one amp covering supply DC voltages (rails) from +/- 24-75 V with two pairs of outputs. Power calculations can be done for rehearsal by anyone himself. :cool:

P.S. Values of 56 k are wrong, I made calculations with 1,172 mA instead 1,72 in a hurry. So the values will be corrected in a package when we will get few other improvements as well. This version is opened to be polished to high gloss ... :)

Last edited:
TSSA BIGBT HP is high precision CCS driven-defined (1,72 mA source/sink) so all idle conditions depends on this value. Change of the supply potential would be peace of cake stuff, demands only to change the resistance value of the voltage dumping resistors (4 x 56 k, 4 x 22 k). All other parts would stay unchanged if they fulfill minimal potential margins. ;)

So we can produce one amp covering supply DC voltages (rails) from +/- 24-75 V with two pairs of outputs. Power calculations can be done for rehearsal by yourself. :cool:

That's a good news, just the LT1034 seems to be a pity to find even no stock on digikey and no to mouser.

Marc

First try for TSSA_BIGBT_HP single layer. 165x135mm. TLP627 is not connected out for moment

Attachments

• TSSA_BIGBT_HP_sch.jpg
    TSSA_BIGBT_HP_sch.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 1,514
  • TSSA_BIGBT_HP_brd.jpg
    TSSA_BIGBT_HP_brd.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 1,475
Last edited:
Just a little precision : BJT Bigbt transistors are mounted under pcb "sandwiched" between pcb and heatsink surface by the screw.

Marc

Idefixes, you seriously grip the bull's saddle :D

Very nice PCB indeed. ;)

Both IRF-s screaming to get in between the outputs, you see their tracks are way too looong. :rolleyes:

Also the + and - outputs can be aligned with their pins. ;)

Look down, sch update, just at the right time hehe :cool:

Idefixes, you seriously grip the bull's saddle :D

Very nice PCB indeed. ;)

Both IRF-s screaming to get in between the outputs, you see their tracks are way too looong. :rolleyes:

Also the + and - outputs can be aligned with their pins. ;)

Look down, sch update, just at the right time hehe :cool:

I will take care all adwise. I tried with irf between BJT but not found solution in one layer...i will try again to integrate your advises.

Marc

jeez, this is supposed to be the Simplest ? :eek: I think this thread has lost the plot along the way. Pitty, I like really simple.

Hi Bigun ;)

I can not manage more than two threads simultaneously, so logically one would be full of stuff. :D

From simple to more complex version, all based on the same TSSA base core. It is the same like in school, gradually progressing the knowledge. :cool:

Regards Andrej

TSSA BIGBT HP different supply voltages - resistor values

next.......

LC, what are this "IR LED". I would be nice if you could communicated me the resistors value change for -/+50Vdc....i am not able to calculate them...

Thanks Marc

Hi Marc ;)

Nice PCB improvement. :up:

Attached schematic includes the table of calculated resistor values according to different supply voltages chosen. ;)

IR LED is infrared light emitting diode, high performance one compared to average LED-s. :cool:

Attachments

• TSSA BIGBT HP.jpg
    TSSA BIGBT HP.jpg
    846.6 KB · Views: 1,211
Last edited:
Hi Marc ;)

Nice PCB improvement. :up:

Attached schematic includes the table of calculated resistor values according to different supply voltages choosen. ;)

IR LED is infrared light emitting diode, high performance one compared to average LED-s. :cool:

Youpi..that couldn't be better....I continue to work on pcb with some more components alignement and some mistake (0.22r 5W package) corrections.
On my version i put in the possibility to bypass the TLP627 since you have your own systeme to drive this unit -power management unit...if i remember-

Marc

Mostly any 5 mm IR LED is okay. :cool:

At current If=3,5 mA, forward IR LED voltage is app. 1,2 V and that is too low for proper cascode, so please provide two of them in series on the PCB. That will provide Vce=1,8V for VAS BC transistor. ;)

P.S. 2SA/2SC transistors needs on PCB 5-10°K/W heatsink, since they dissipate app. 0,7 W each at 75 V supply voltage. ;)

Last edited: