TSSA - The Simplest Symmetrical Amplifier - Page 28 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th April 2012, 08:06 AM   #271
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idefixes View Post
That's a good idee as it save a huge place. This could be used to build the speaker protection in the same board as softstart=> results in wiring simplification.

Marc
Huge PCB space reduction yes. Only one CL-90 soft starts my stereo SSA BIGBT HP. Attached is the graph chart of inrush AC mains current. Explanation here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SSA Inrush AC current.JPG (627.0 KB, 439 views)
Old 25th April 2012, 08:17 AM   #272
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Idefixes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Cat View Post
Huge PCB space reduction yes. Only one CL-90 soft starts my stereo SSA BIGBT HP. Attached is the graph chart of inrush AC mains current. Explanation here.
Thanks for link.....I have quite similaire condition, lower rail (+/-36Vac) but higher Va rating (500Va) and 88.000F per chanel...I will adopte for sure CL90.

Marc

Note : I love the SSA picture two post after...chirurgical clean and compact layout/architecture...

Last edited by Idefixes; 25th April 2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old 25th April 2012, 08:33 AM   #273
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley 09 View Post
LC

I'm very impressed with this nice ongoing thread, especially Marc is very intuitive here and I wonder to
congrats both of You for a really very nice and synergistic follow up the simple SSA to become an art.
Andrej I wonder to ask You from Yours enormous experiences which front end would be the best
for the bal. V12 engine to drive: the TSSA or SSA ?
Is the topology for inv. bal pin2 the same as is for the SSA?
After my experience with Nemo I listen music very rarely and wonder to chose the very best front end
for my bal. V12 which is in my slow progress obtaining all semis needed for the proto.
Which Tosh. VAS drivers would You suggest instead the IRF?
I attach the guessed bal. IP for the TSSA. Your sharp eye suggestion & comment would be much appreciated.
Thnx for the answ.

Hi Smiley

I didn't forget about full balanced input T/SSA configuration. I just didn't find time to evaluate all details since I upgraded SSA with CCS and supporting Idefixes to test TSSA ASAP. After that I'll have enough data to design balanced version. At first sight TSSA would be easier task since there's very little thermal issue present. I'll be in touch soon.

P.S. Toshiba mosfet TO-220 drivers suitable are 2SJ313 & 2SK2013 or Renesas 2SJ79 & 2SK216 also.

Last edited by Lazy Cat; 25th April 2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old 25th April 2012, 10:15 AM   #274
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up Ecellent

Quote:
Hi Smiley

I didn't forget about full balanced input T/SSA configuration. I just didn't find time to evaluate all details since I upgraded SSA with CCS and supporting Idefixes to test TSSA ASAP. After that I'll have enough data to design balanced version. At first sight TSSA would be easier task since there's very little thermal issue present. I'll be in touch soon.

P.S. Toshiba mosfet TO-220 drivers suitable are 2SJ313 & 2SK2013 or Renesas 2SJ79 & 2SK216 also.
LC
Thank You Andrej for Yours Great Share ,
it'll be a nice music feedback to You . .
As I can see Your best would be TSSA?
Thank You for drvs. info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorstenlarsen View Post
Hi Smiley!
As far as I can see, you will have no signal at the output. It is shunted to ground by C3 to C6 and C8 to C12.
Thorsten
PS. Isnt there a Beach Boys album called "Smile Smiley"?
Hello,
Thorsten
My sch was intend question to LC as he knows the main TSSA sch in detail. . .
Here the pics for You to easy see my question to Andrej,

Cheers

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TSSA - BAL_IP.jpg (336.2 KB, 408 views)
File Type: jpg TSSA BIGBT HP.jpg (843.7 KB, 426 views)
Old 25th April 2012, 01:51 PM   #275
Jay is offline Jay  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I'm just helping to select mosfet driver for BIGBT
Oh, how could I forget that the BIGBT used IRF610

Quote:
Hey Jay which specific hexfet are you interested in?
I used IRF9630/IRF632. I have other ("better") hexfets but I could get only the subcircuit for LTSpice simulation (SUBCKT). All hexfet subcircuits that I found on the net have strange behavior as if the Drain and the Gate is mixed up.

I have tried to change the pin orientation in the first line of the subckt so that the simulation looked "normal". But I'm not sure if it is the only thing that I have to change and I don't know yet how the subckt subroutine works, so I kept those hexfet for later when I know more about the software.

Quote:
I didn't have time to work more on a TSSA basic, since I was ocupied with SSA upgrade but I promise I will. If you read the thread you can see that Sonnya and Gerhard already made it.
Sonnya used latfet (Exicon) isn't he? And I'm not sure if there has been a TSSA-IRF. Please have a look at this, because it is very "different". I expect many will build a TSSA-HEXFET (I mean TSSA-IRF) because of its "usefulness".
Old 25th April 2012, 07:56 PM   #276
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnya View Post
No, i have some month work before it is done. Some of the features we work on is Zigbee remote with inductive charging. Both technologies works but it is more the mechanical work that takes time.

But i think the remote will wait as the remote mechanics will cost at least ~€20000.
I didn't mean presenting there new commercial amp you're working on, but rather you in person, we can go and drink some beer
Old 25th April 2012, 08:06 PM   #277
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnya View Post
Back to TSSA.

you have got it under good control this time Andrej. The removing of dc coupled gain has improved things a lot.
Yeah suddenly amp relaxed from being weighted by low resistance GND FB resistor, causing major differences to input bias current. DC voltage gain is fixed to 1 but who cares if the amp now has -3dB/3 Hz cutting point, maybe it is even better considering safety in DIY arena.

Looking to sch, calculating all the details and being faced with SSA experience, I indubitably assume that TSSA will be even better performer with top edge sound.

Last edited by Lazy Cat; 25th April 2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old 25th April 2012, 08:18 PM   #278
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley 09 View Post
Thank You for drvs. info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Oh, how could I forget that the BIGBT used IRF610
Guys thanks for good wishes, appreciate greatly.

Yes IRF-s, I know, cannot get rid of them, more or less obsolete according todays standards, but what can I do.

I would love to implement Renesas 2SJ79 and 2SK216 into BIGBT, but the problem is where to get them. I would take couple of hundreds if someone could provide me reliable source. Any help with this mosfets would be greatly appreciated. They even have gate protection zeners integrated, OMG
Old 25th April 2012, 08:38 PM   #279
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Idefixes
LC, you have a private massage inbox

Marc

Edit : 2n5486/2n5462 arrive today....I take a look at my parts stock : i have 12x IRF610 and 17x IRF9610

Last edited by Idefixes; 25th April 2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old 25th April 2012, 08:48 PM   #280
sonnya is offline sonnya  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I didn't mean presenting there new commercial amp you're working on, but rather you in person, we can go and drink some beer
I would love too be there but i cannot find space in the calendar next week. I have two orders that needs to be shipped next week. And we are running as fast as we can. Where in sweden are you located?

Hide this!Advertise here!