TSSA - The Simplest Symmetrical Amplifier

I say that this is such a different toplogy that we really have to study this in detail. Even it´s creator may not understand it 100 %. Art comes before science because intuition is faster then understanding. I think that is where LC is really good at.

Gerhard, this time I fully understand the sch :D

It will work perfecly, also without extra bias/offset circuit, but when sweet spot of both biases is in question, it is better to have both settings. Also makes this beast more flexible, can be used also with or without Sziklais.

Any combination will be fully operational, just in this way we have more room to experiment the changes and verify them by listening. Best combination will lead us to more complex version, so learning process by the way. ;)

Hi Marc :wave:

How's TSSA BIGBT HP standing, PCB's done yet, BOM completed. Please inform us with the news. :rolleyes:

Regards, Andrej ;)

Not at all. I have to 100x160mm pcb to etch but didn't find H2O2 to store today (i etch with H2O/H2O/H2O2 mix.
But for moment i am on another style of DIY, it use concret and a lot of muscular energy...

Attachments

• P1030859.JPG
    P1030859.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 579
  • P1030863.JPG
    P1030863.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 577
  • P1030866.JPG
    P1030866.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 563
Last edited:
Not at all. I have to 100x160mm pcb to etch but didn't find H2O2 to store today (i etch with H2O/H2O/H2O2 mix.
But for moment i am on another style of DIY, it use concret and a lot of muscular energy...

Nice work done, it would be fine to etch this GND works in a way we do it with PCBs. :D

You'll be gratefully rewarded for all your good home-work and effort involved for house arranging, with a completely new pleasure at listening to music in a home system. TSSA will justify the confidence you gain up to now. When the PCBs will be ready made, please do not start with parts installation, first we have to discuss few things before soldering. ;)

Analog Amplifiers Rules

From today's measurements in my mini lab, and yeah they were extensive, I can tell only this: digital switching amplifiers don't stand a chance against analog amps, especially the ones near future will bring. In the best case scenario, the ratio will be somewhere like photocopy and original relation. :up:

... and Speakers, we have to be thankful them from all our hearts :hbeat:, since this old electro-mechanical technology, still holds the grips, as they only one can transfer music reproduction to our ears and bodies. If that wouldn't be so, not any analog amplifier would be present to this day. Similar happened to analog video equipment and signal long ago, but our ears cannot be fooled as simple as our eyes are, our ears are really special breed, they demand nothing less than pure original or very close presentation only. If you put them just a little extra fake signal to reproduction, our ears-brains organs are not pleased anymore. The only problem I see, likely to happen is, the industry will cancel analog signal from all devices in a reproduction chain. At that point there will be nothing to connect to our inputs ... :faint:

Nice work done, it would be fine to etch this GND works in a way we do it with PCBs. :D

You'll be gratefully rewarded for all your good home-work and effort involved for house arranging, with a completely new pleasure at listening to music in a home system. TSSA will justify the confidence you gain up to now. When the PCBs will be ready made, please do not start with parts installation, first we have to discuss few things before soldering. ;)

Thanks,
What do you mean you have more modifications?
Or it's just handel with installation steps fonction component nature as begining with the lowest parts as diode/resistors and trimmer pre-setting?

Marc

Nota : i mount Irs 2092 Class D modules. As you stated earlier you don't have to stop your DIY activity. I will not go foward in this way even in Home theater system. My Nmos 200 works a lot better to my mind as the IRS one. More details, more more air, more realistic sound stage. So for Home theater i will go for Nbip quasi version or something other based on AB and BJT OUTPUT (no BIGBT as i haven't more matched since they are reserved for TSSA BIGBT HP)

Marc

Thanks,
What do you mean you have more modifications?
Or it's just handel with installation steps fonction component nature as begining with the lowest parts as diode/resistors and trimmer pre-setting?

Hi Marc ;)

No, no new modifications, everything is as planned. I was just referring that the first build has to be 100% under control, so soldering will be performed step by step according to functional parts of schematic. You'll solder gradually only instructed parts, test functionality of that segmet and than continue to the next step. Don't be affraid, that will be the procedure only for the first two TSSA channels. In this way we'll be sure everything is working properly before connecting precious BIGBT-s. :cool:

Nota : i mount Irs 2092 Class D modules. As you stated earlier you don't have to stop your DIY activity. I will not go foward in this way even in Home theater system. My Nmos 200 works a lot better to my mind as the IRS one. More details, more more air, more realistic sound stage. So for Home theater i will go for Nbip quasi version or something other based on AB and BJT OUTPUT (no BIGBT as i haven't more matched since they are reserved for TSSA BIGBT HP)

Marc

My SSA BIGBT HP amp nailed all amps compared up to now by far, so my remark was more or less rhetorical. :D

P.S. If you can get your hands on 2SJ79/2SK216 instead IRF-s, do not hesitate even for a second. :up:

Regards, Andrej :cheers:

Hi Marc ;)

No, no new modifications, everything is as planned. I was just referring that the first build has to be 100% under control, so soldering will be performed step by step according to functional parts of schematic. You'll solder gradually only instructed parts, test functionality of that segmet and than continue to the next step. Don't be affraid, that will be the procedure only for the first two TSSA channels. In this way we'll be sure everything is working properly before connecting precious BIGBT-s. :cool:

Ok noted will say when i right up and sure will post pcb pictures.

P.S. If you can get your hands on 2SJ79/2SK216 instead IRF-s, do not hesitate even for a second. :up:

Regards, Andrej :cheers:

Could have shure but as you seen i have some otehr "occupation that use huge amount of budget....so at the available price i can't buy 20 or more each type to have could good transconductance patern.

On next sunday afternoon i plane to mesure with your process the IRF i have on hand and than order most parts i need to mouser.

Marc

Hi LC,

Here are some skecth from the TSSA BIGBT HP previsional architecture

- front view
- internal top view
- internal front view
- internal rear view

Dark grey bloc is the heatsink (265x140x75mm with 11mm base thikness), the one that is on picture attached with the 4x 22.000µf 63V i will use per mono bloc

Attachments

• TSSA_50v_1.jpg
    TSSA_50v_1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 749
  • TSSA_50v_2.jpg
    TSSA_50v_2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 695
  • TSSA_50v_3.jpg
    TSSA_50v_3.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 671
  • TSSA_50v_4.jpg
    TSSA_50v_4.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 665
  • P1030343.JPG
    P1030343.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 666
Last edited:
Send me a board and ill buld it. How about that;). I have started to build one of these several times, just waiting for the dust to settle. Side note; is there such a thing as a small signal lateral. I think they offer a unique sound and want to make sure i am not missing anything. I have about 50 pairs of the Renasas, but noticed others have benn mentioned in this thread.