TSSA - The Simplest Symmetrical Amplifier

I will use BF246A to supply the Led.

OK this one is from 30-80 mA, so may be that 2 k trimmer could not reach enough Ugs to go down to 2 mA. Than add serial resistor to set Id=2 mA

Ideally would be LED current equal Sziklai current, that means both CCS BJTs same current, same Ube characteristic, electricaly plus thermally (coupled together) makes CCS very stable. :cool:

P.S. BF246A Uds should be around 10 V for good regulation and AC suppression, if Rgs drops too much to get 2 mA, than lower 12 k to 10 k or less just to maintain Uds=10 Vmin :)

Last edited:
It works without problem. 1,3mA in both channels right away.
Thats it for today.
Was fun, good night.

Attachments

• Step 4.jpg
    Step 4.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 585
Good progress Joachim.

When i am done the gerber files, the BOM and the Pick and place data.

The board is made with SMT for the frontend.

I can produce the board with all SMT on them, but with above files i will upload everyone else can also.

Regarding the mosfet drivers. Is there an reliable source for 2SK216 and 2SJ79?? Or should wi install IRF instead???

Hi Sonnya :wave:

SMT parts are perfect choice here, since there are a lot small signal BJTs connected between themselves only. Try to make as compact PCB as possible.

There are few suppliers that can provide 2SJ79/2SK216. These are lateral mosfets (transconductance falls with higher temperature) so no problem with thermal runaway, also have integrated gate protection zeners - perfect drivers. Try to find these not IRFs. ;)

I cannot wait to see your PCB :wiz: