Abacadabra...
here are the laterals

Attachments

• Laterals.jpg
    Laterals.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 477
TSSA Basic - bias currents

Hi Gerhard :wave:

I recalculated bias currents according to valid configuration as it is now. :up:

Some resistors and multiturn trimmers corrected, please check. Hopefully you are not so far that it is too late to make corrections. :rolleyes:

Wish you're enjoying in the workshop :yes:

Attachments

• TSSA Basic 1.5 Sziklai.jpg
    TSSA Basic 1.5 Sziklai.jpg
    508.1 KB · Views: 472
TO-220 MOSFET drivers will dissipate app. 1,5 W at 50 mA driver's bias current (1,1 V voltage drop on 22 ohm resistors), so be prepared they'll be hot on these heatsinks, but no problem, they'll last easily at 75°C for testing period hehe

I had to lower 2,2 k gate-source resistor to 1 k since we need at least 1,2 mA compound input bias current to operate properly. Input bias current will split evenly through both input BJT's, app. 0,6 mA through each BC550C/560C.

For pos/neg CCS current drive I put 2 k MT trimmer for easier setting of 2 mA through LED.

:up:

They'll be OK, especially if you make high Idss (at Ugs=0) selection and take the highest ones. Choosing Idss=10-14 mA would be 10 times more than operating conditions, so enough room for good current regulation. ;)

Ohhh yeah, now I saw Y: 1,2-3 mA :D

Nothing you can do, just take 3 mA ones :up:

Last edited:
Again few words about MOSFET Darlington gate-source resistors:
- ideal conditions would be to have 1,5 mA input bias current (0,65 mA + 0,85 mA Sziklai pair) and 2,2 k resistor value (high OLG), so voltage drop 3,3 V
- Urg=Ug1+Ug2=2,2 V + 1,1 V=3,3 V looking to graphs of drivers and outputs it means in this case drain current will be in amps, that's probably too much, so I lowered Rgs to 1 k
- basic condition is that you don't go below 1,2 mA for Sziklai bias, that's the most important
- start with 1 kohm, than you will see (according to 50 mA driver's bias and the output bias) if you can higher the Rgs to 1,5 or 1,8 kohm and still maintain 1,2 mA
- both positive and negative side gate-source resistors must be the same value
- output bias/DC offset conditions are set only with CCS currents-trimmers