Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st April 2012, 01:52 PM   #181
Telstar is offline Telstar  Italy
diyAudio Member

Will take awhile, I dont have a stabilized psu yet. I want to make one adjustable (9-12-15-18 at least) to try various designs in most comparable conditions.
Old 21st April 2012, 05:20 PM   #182
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Idefixes
Hi LC here latest version, i had to move a litlle some parts to let space for traces.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TSSA_BIGBT_HP_50vdc_V63_brd.jpg (267.2 KB, 470 views)
File Type: jpg TSSA_BIGBT_HP_50vdc_V63_brd_compo.jpg (229.7 KB, 426 views)
Old 21st April 2012, 08:55 PM   #183
diyAudio Member

Let me think, mhmm I see that you're shy a little, don't be affraid to do things more in a radical way ... so:

- R33, R34 are half way there as in post #175. You have to move them as in pic, away from the heatsink, now they are just too close, 3 mm would be just fine to avoid short connections, etc.
- C13, C16 polarity-pins should be oriented as C40, C44, I measured the distance from inner pad to close by track and it fits to place perfectly. So put them as in pic #175. Look, if someone is beginner and tries to make an amp as fast as possible, than there are lot of chances to misalign the polarity, cause there is 90° rotation, plus upper and lower elco not having the same orientation. In such cases we always try to make things typically to reduce possibilities of errors.
- C5, C6 are probably silver mica caps, 7,5 mm pins distance. OK, someone would like to use 5 mm pin distance ceramic caps, so please put one extra pad to each cap, that both sizes could fit
- R16, R28, R32, R40 move all four 22 ohm resistors 2 mm in a direction to the center of PCB. Reason? R40, R28 are to close to the fuse metal holder, preventing the shorts at misalignment
- ZD7-ZD10 should have pad distance of 7,5 mm. Middle two pins of serial zeners holds the current position, outer pins goes closer. Why? You will gain a space to flip R23, R24 horizontally
- R23, R24 should change positions (fliped horizontally). Why? NTC will in that way go closer to the outputs and also will be easily soldered/desoldered when/if PCB is serviced. NTC is glued into the heatsink's hole just bellow its pads. NTC is fixed inside the heatsink and there is better place away from the trimmer for soldering/desoldering

On a first look these are all insignificant changes but certainly makes difference, as assembly is easier and more safe, especially for beginner DIY-ers.

Regards, Andrej
Old 21st April 2012, 09:14 PM   #184
palmito is offline palmito  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Cat View Post
as assembly is easier and more safe, especially for beginner DIY-ers.
Thank you for remembering us...
Old 21st April 2012, 09:19 PM   #185
diyAudio Member

Palmito you're welcome, I mean, to make one of these
Old 21st April 2012, 09:43 PM   #186
palmito is offline palmito  United States
diyAudio Member

I will if the pcbs become available, don't trust my p2p abilities yet... Thanks again.
Old 21st April 2012, 10:02 PM   #187
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Let me think, mhmm I see that you're shy a little, don't be affraid to do things more in a radical way ... so:

- R23, R24 should change positions (fliped horizontally). Why? NTC will in that way go closer to the outputs and also will be easily soldered/desoldered when/if PCB is serviced. NTC is glued into the heatsink's hole just bellow its pads. NTC is fixed inside the heatsink and there is better place away from the trimmer for soldering/desoldering
On a first look these are all insignificant changes but certainly makes difference, as assembly is easier and more safe, especially for beginner DIY-ers.

Regards, Andrej
Andrey don't you think there is a contradiction in what you wrote : Diy-Beginner and
Quote:
NTC is glued into the heatsink's hole just bellow its pads. NTC is fixed inside the heatsink and there is better place away from the trimmer for soldering/desoldering
My self, i don't be diy-beginner in soldering and case construction but here i can easily imagine the mounting phase but one time the NTC glued in heathing with previous soldering on pcb....i can't imagine how to desolder this NTC from PCB since it lay in middle of the pcb and here solder pad are quite unreacheable with solder iron?????? Marc who's driving nuts on this spécific point. So for the rest of request i try something....see under.

For ZD 7-10 i try something without modifying the zener part library or create new one....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TSSA_BIGBT_HP_50vdc_V64_brd.jpg (267.8 KB, 375 views)
Old 21st April 2012, 10:07 PM   #188
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idefixes View Post
Andrey don't you think there is a contradiction in what you wrote : Diy-Beginner and
Yesss I forgot that there's no pads on top layer I always have double layer PCB-s, so now we have a problem. NTC would be the best to put in heatsink hole and glue it but how to connect it without using wires mhmmm
Old 21st April 2012, 10:20 PM   #189
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Yesss I forgot that there's no pads on top layer I always have double layer PCB-s, so now we have a problem. NTC would be the best to put in heatsink hole and glue it but how to connect it without using wires mhmmm
What we can built pseudo tracks that bridged bottom and top layer. This can be done by cuted pin from resistors. When this bridge are in place NTC can be soldered in P2P mode. I don't know if my description is clear....

Marc
Old 21st April 2012, 10:24 PM   #190
diyAudio Member

NTC on the top of PCB can be connected by help of two extra pins located nearby. Through holes for NTC serves to giude pin-wires to extra pins and solder the damn thing on the top.

Four holes for C8, C9 is way to much, look to the pic of what I meant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 22 pF.jpg (6.0 KB, 342 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!