TSSA - The Simplest Symmetrical Amplifier

Do you plan to use optional +/- 10 V rails for the front-end. It would be a significant improvement for a little cost involved, also the output's stage efficiency would go to maximum. ;)

Perhaps in second time and depend how many space a can dispose in future case. I will see if i can plan it in case conception process. I will need +/-55Vdc to +/-60Vdc more supply. Are this power supply requierement same as SSA? For trafo option are easy. I can find trafo 10Va 2x21V. two of these with secondary in // give me 20Va 2x42Vac so 59Vdc max after rectifying. 2X24Vac ar more easy to find in much wider range of power but that give 2x48Vac with secondary in // so 67Vdc after rectifying.

Marc

Last edited:
Perhaps in second time and depend how many space a can dispose in future case. I will see if i can plan it in case conception process. I will need +/-55Vdc to +/-60Vdc more supply. Are this power supply requierement same as SSA?

Marc

Yes, quite the same, from 5 to 10 V higher rails voltage potential and correct resistors values from the table chart. Serial diode MUR160 plus 22 ohm resistor can stay on PCB without any harm. ;)

SSA or TSSA Front-end for Bal. V12 ?

LC :wiz:

I'm very impressed with this nice ongoing thread, especially Marc is very intuitive here and I wonder to
congrats both of You for a really very nice and synergistic follow up the simple SSA to become an art.
Andrej I wonder to ask You from Yours enormous experiences which front end would be the best
for the bal. V12 engine to drive: the TSSA or SSA ?
Is the topology for inv. bal pin2 the same as is for the SSA?
After my experience with Nemo I listen music very rarely and wonder to chose the very best front end
for my bal. V12 which is in my slow :snail: progress obtaining all semis needed for the proto.
Which Tosh. VAS drivers would You suggest instead the IRF?
I attach the guessed bal. IP for the TSSA. Your sharp eye suggestion & comment would be much appreciated.
Thnx for the answ.

:worship:

:cheers:

Attachments

• TSSA - BAL_IP.jpg
    TSSA - BAL_IP.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 738
I am sorry, i have off this thread for some time.

I have been working on a softstart unit for remote enable, or IR remote on/off with an idle current of less than 500mW for commercial amp design. It is a requirement from EU and it takes effect 2013. So it is more or less mandatory in new amps.

Marc: it is a nice work you have done (in eagle?) You must have been using a lot of hours on it.

I am sorry, i have off this thread for some time.

I have been working on a softstart unit for remote enable, or IR remote on/off with an idle current of less than 500mW for commercial amp design. It is a requirement from EU and it takes effect 2013. So it is more or less mandatory in new amps.

Marc: it is a nice work you have done (in eagle?) You must have been using a lot of hours on it.

Will you be present in Munich on High End Show?

It would be nice if you can detail your matching process for BIGBT driver (maybe with matching circuit diagram).

(about pnp/npn input Bjt and Vas)
Sheet that was not in my mind, i just go to order more than the 10u of each note on my order...(on semi for input and fairchild for VAS), add 10?...20?...30?. I have in mind that it is quite difficult or need a udge batch of each to match NPN/PNP HFE.
I put 100unit of each on my bom list

Marc

Hi LC if you have a little bit time to answer, this two points must been for me clear before beginning. I want to etch two bord next week.
For moment i am working on casing architecture...will present you some sketchup later...I mear on finishing soft-start and speaker protection layout...

Marc

Last edited:
Soft start with 0-12Vdc on board power supply. Switching this can be achieve by on-off push button. It supplies the speaker protection and power led to. On board trafo avec 10Va 2x12Vac comme from industrial rubbish.

Board size : 190*70mm (a standart epoxy 200x150mm can produce two => one per block..

Attachments

• soft start_sch.jpg
    soft start_sch.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 685
  • soft start_brd.jpg
    soft start_brd.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 674
Last edited:
Will you be present in Munich on High End Show?

No, i have some month work before it is done. Some of the features we work on is Zigbee remote with inductive charging. Both technologies works but it is more the mechanical work that takes time.

But i think the remote will wait as the remote mechanics will cost at least ~€20000.

-

Back to TSSA.

you have got it under good control this time Andrej. The removing of dc coupled gain has improved things a lot. :up:

Quite nice to you to help me....First at all : are the amout of npn/pnp, i put on my bom, realistic to achieve good matching?

Marc

Order BC550C 20 pcs, BC560C 20 pcs the same with KSA/KSC and you will find 2 matched pairs of BC550C/560C and 2 pairs of KSA1381/KSC3503, that is what you need for two monoblocks.

Measure them with hFE selecton of a regular multimeter. They measure with Ic=1 mA and that is OK, since there's no heating. Anyway you can notice hFE going higher just because touching them for a while. The point is to have all BJTs on the same surface few minutes before measurement and measure each the same amount of time, if possible not touching them. ;)

All the same with output MJLs ...

Last edited:
I attach the guessed bal. IP for the TSSA. Your sharp eye suggestion & comment would be much appreciated.
Thnx for the answ.

:worship:

:cheers:

Hi Smiley!
As far as I can see, you will have no signal at the output. It is shunted to ground by C3 to C6 and C8 to C12.
Thorsten
PS. Isn´t there a Beach Boys album called "Smile Smiley"?

Last edited: