TSSA - The Simplest Symmetrical Amplifier - Page 119 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2012, 07:07 PM   #1181
diyAudio Member
 
Esperado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Cat View Post
Very nice circuit indeed.
Yes. And can be used to current limit a soft start.

Remains the second target: Regulate the V right at the Amp power transistor current source pin. (for transients consumption). My suggestion:

http://www.esperado.fr/images/temp/reg.jpg

The regulation parts can be on an other board. What seems a good idea to me is to have the power regulation device right on the Amp circuit. It will reduce to none the influence of the power wiring. and i'm sure we can reduce any caps at the regulated point to <= 1µf, so, use film ones for no Hf limitation..
This power regulation transistor could be used too for instant protection in a very elegant way, adding no parasitic impedance in serial with power supply or loudspeakers. Just putting them in the nonconductive state.
__________________
Ultimate Protection and more.The Only Source of Knowledge is experience, everything else is just information” ©A. Einstein
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 11:57 AM   #1182
diyAudio Member
 
Idefixes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mulhouse - Alsace
Send a message via ICQ to Idefixes
Hi LC,

You can prepare "TTSA BIGBT" procedure, i will etch new board this afternoon.

Marc
__________________
website : http://audiyofield.wifeo.com/index.php
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 05:59 PM   #1183
diyAudio Member
 
Idefixes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mulhouse - Alsace
Send a message via ICQ to Idefixes
So here are the boards (TSSA BIGBT HP evo + soft start/speaker protection) and 2 shots of my diy etching procedure whith etching( H20/HCL/H2O2)/water/revalating solution(H2O/water)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1040338.JPG (103.8 KB, 328 views)
File Type: jpg P1040337.JPG (142.6 KB, 324 views)
__________________
website : http://audiyofield.wifeo.com/index.php
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 07:12 PM   #1184
diyAudio Member
 
Lazy Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idefixes View Post
Hi LC,

You can prepare "TTSA BIGBT" procedure, i will etch new board this afternoon.

Marc
Very good, all details prepared to bring new TSSA amp into life.

I asume that all necessary transistors are matched, so we can start with CCS-s only, to set correct constant current levels needed. There are three of them on one PCB, so this will be opening part of construction.

Regards Andrej
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 07:30 PM   #1185
diyAudio Member
 
Idefixes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mulhouse - Alsace
Send a message via ICQ to Idefixes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Cat View Post
Very good, all details prepared to bring new TSSA amp into life.

I asume that all necessary transistors are matched, so we can start with CCS-s only, to set correct constant current levels needed. There are three of them on one PCB, so this will be opening part of construction.

Regards Andrej
I just have to mesure BC560 and BC550, all others are yet done.

Marc
__________________
website : http://audiyofield.wifeo.com/index.php
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 07:33 PM   #1186
diyAudio Member
 
Lazy Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idefixes View Post
So here are the boards (TSSA BIGBT HP evo + soft start/speaker protection) and 2 shots of my diy etching procedure whith etching( H20/HCL/H2O2)/water/revalating solution(H2O/water)
Many years ago, lets say around 20, I did the last PCB by etching. The same chemistry was used and I still remember the smell and bubbles from the process, and worries that the reaction would be to fast, to hot etc. But the moment of glory was there when PCB tracks appeared from the foggy bursting fluid reaction. Always happy moment when finished, brought a big smile to my face.
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 07:48 PM   #1187
diyAudio Member
 
Idefixes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mulhouse - Alsace
Send a message via ICQ to Idefixes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Cat View Post
Many years ago, lets say around 20, I did the last PCB by etching. The same chemistry was used and I still remember the smell and bubbles from the process, and worries that the reaction would be to fast, to hot etc. But the moment of glory was there when PCB tracks appeared from the foggy bursting fluid reaction. Always happy moment when finished, brought a big smile to my face.
I like this moment to...the pcb born after spending lot of time on computer to route project. The procedure is quite easys. I do it in front of garage door so no soucy with bad vapour...


Marc
__________________
website : http://audiyofield.wifeo.com/index.php
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 08:11 PM   #1188
diyAudio Member
 
buzzforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Burlington, NC
Idefixes,
What is your procedure for etching. Sometimes mine turns out great, others not so. I have never done two stage method.
__________________
...Shape the sound , Man!
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 08:47 PM   #1189
diyAudio Member
 
Idefixes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mulhouse - Alsace
Send a message via ICQ to Idefixes
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzforb View Post
Idefixes,
What is your procedure for etching. Sometimes mine turns out great, others not so. I have never done two stage method.
So

- printing with laser printer on transparent paper named "papier calque" in french
- expose under UV fluo bulb about 150s on Bungard positf PCB
- revalating in mix of 20ml NaOh + 1L distilated water
- wash in fresh water
- etch in mix of 200ml distilated water + 100ml HCL + 100ml H2O2 (Give big warning to mix in the order i gave you above it can be dangerous if not). The time wil depend to Cu to dissolve on pcb. You must controle process.
- wash in fresh water.

Marc
__________________
website : http://audiyofield.wifeo.com/index.php
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 09:05 PM   #1190
sonnya is offline sonnya  Denmark
diyAudio Member
 
sonnya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Denmark
I am thinking of doing a 2 stage tssa preamp.

What should max gain be ? 6 or 12 dB??!
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
simplest amplifier possible with BJT's? rmgvs Solid State 123 10th July 2008 04:05 AM
Symmetrical Phono Amplifier seroxatmad Solid State 3 6th August 2007 05:00 PM
Simplest class B Amplifier PicancoNet Solid State 42 8th June 2005 03:55 PM
Symmetrical amplifier conundrum Kilentra Solid State 22 31st January 2003 06:06 AM
Symmetrical 400W amplifier Diogo Solid State 30 28th October 2002 12:00 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:41 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2