Values of +/- 24 volt Borbely PSU....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have just found this schematic for the Borbely EB-802/243 powersupply.

It's a wideband, lownoise powersupply designed for audio circuits.

Has anyone built thes unit? And can anyone tell me what the values of the components should be?

I only know, that r3=2.49K and R1=1K for the output to be +/- 24 Volts. Other outputs can be obtained by the formulae:

6.9x(R3+R1)/R1

The reference diodes is LM336Z-5.0.

Opamps could be NE5534.

Any help to get?

Best,

Peter

Attachments

• psu-+---24-volt.jpg
    psu-+---24-volt.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 535
diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
If you have to ask............

RTF*D

http://www.audiokits.com/downloads.asp

Or you could buy a kit from these folks or Borbely Audio I would imagine. Tell them Walt J. referred you. **

Just don't tell PA about it.

BTW There are this cool new things called search engines, but perhaps you might not have heard about them.

* That's Formal you suspicious moderators

** Sorry Jan the devil made me do it....

Both designs are based on Sulzer's supply, as far as I know.

The most modern version (Walt Jung's) is different because of the chips he used and because he added a feedback from the part you were powering. That is you should only use one supply for each chip you were powering.

From the photos I have seen, I think the small supply pcb Audiokits sells is based on Jung's design, but this is only a guess.

Carlos

Get a better regulator

You are better off going to Andy's site and getting a reg from him. They are more advanced than Borbebly's, have high quality PCBs with plated through holes, and cost less.

I don't understand why Borbely uses a FET as a pass transistor, anyway. Walt Jung had the same question when I asked him about it.

ALW Audio

diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
We could tell you but we would have to kill you to keep it secret

"I don't understand why Borbely uses a FET as a pass transistor, anyway. Walt Jung had the same question when I asked him about it."

Erno knows...........

I know......

Andy knows.........

I bet even Walt now knows........

The open loop output impedance of the Mosfet is much higher than a bipolar at the same quiescent current which is a drawback rsulting in higher output impedance, but the Mosfet has the real advantage of ..........

I wonder who else knows?

diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
Re: Borbely PSU...

jazzpeter65 said:
Very funny....

www.audiokit.com is where I got the schematic from. They may have a reason not to put values on it...;-)

I have another Borbely PSU design I can use instead.

Look here - free to use high quality PSU:

I'm sorry, the version I downloaded EB-802-243-complete.PDF awhile back had a parts list. Is that not the case now? Have you tried Emailing Mr. Borbely?

http://www.borbelyaudio.com/

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.