Threshold Stasis S/300-2 optical a-ab

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I`ve put my Adcom GFA-585 on the back burner for a while, it`s got a few more problems than just the servo ic, but i`ve pick up a Threshold s/300 2 optical bias at the right price, does anyone know which of these two amps are going to do it the best on the bass of a pair of B&W 801 Matrix Series2, as i run 80 watt triode mono`s on the mids and tops, the Adcom has more watts but the Threshold has more output tranies. I have another 120000uf of caps i can give to either. Also being a tinkerer, i love it if someone has the circuit diagram for the Threshold.
Cheers George

George,

I got great bass from a Pass A40 on a pair of Matrix 801 series 3's, but you will have to build it. Bridged they are even better.

Mr. Pass might a new version in the works. If you want more power an Adcom 5800 will work.

Regards,
Jam

P.S. I have not been happy with the Classe amps I have tried.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.