New IR Control Design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Schematic

Algar_emi,
Here is a first pass at a schematic for the BS2 section with motor driver, function relay drivers, IR detector and LCD display. With this, you should be able to get the basic circuit up and running. You will need to adjust the baud and begin/end-of-line info for the serial LCD display - once the baud/line settings set, circuit should work with any serial LCD display. Keep me posted and I will try and help.
Cheers, -ALBQ

Attachments

• preamp--schematic.jpg
    preamp--schematic.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 497
BS2 Board Pic

Algar_emi
Picture of BS2 board of education, IR detect and Serial LCD display (Scott Edwards unit I used in developing the circuit)
Cheers -ALBQ

Note - Had to play around with the baud settings to get this to work and begin/end of line is not setup correctly for this LCD display - not as many characters and different baud settings than the one used in my preamp

Attachments

• breadboard-one.jpg
    breadboard-one.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 439
That will look pretty

JasonL,
That is a very nice looking display. When I ever get around to building another preamp, I was thinking about using a VFD display. They look great but, when I build my last preamp, I was behind schedule and way over budget (which my spouse reminded of me daily). Think the display you are buying will look really good. Also, on my preamp, the display and IR detector are behind a smoked plexiglas panel (see attached link). Reason I mention this is that tint/color, can make a world of difference. When my preamp is off, panel is totally black but, lights ups wonderfully when the display back light is on.
Enjoy, -ALBQ

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/gillespie147/12AU7-Preamp.html

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
If you can afford it, VFD is the way to go

Brian,
IMHO - The best looking displays are VFDs. They cost a bunch when wired for a serial interface so you can hook them to a standard serial port (an standard power to for that matter) but, oh they are bright and look great
Cheers -ALBQ

http://www.matrixorbital.com/pages/products.asp?CatID=2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.