Sansui G-5000 problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
I'm looking for some advice to a non-technical person (that's me!) about an issue I have with my Sansui G-5000 tuner/amp. I have owned the amp for about 3 years with no issues - and subsequently no maintenance. Recently, the amp has started to lose the connection to the left channel, but only when using the tuner.
I initially thought it may have been my speakers, but swapped out the speakers and the problem persisted. It was only fluke that I discovered that the problem only appeared with the tuner - ie. worked ok on CD (AUX) connection. I haven't tested phono connection.
I do wonder if this is coincidental - the amp had warmed up a little when I swapped to AUX, so keep that in mind.
Issue seems to be intermittent, although more consistent lately.
Is it likely to be just a leaky cap somewhere, and if so, how does a non-technical person identify this easily? It is likely that I will need to take it to a tech somewhere, but would like to have some possible causes identified in advance if I can.
Thanks in advance for any advice, Hodgie
BTW I'm located in Southern Highlands south of Sydney, so anyone with suggestions on a good local tech around either Highlands, Wollongong or Campbelltown NSW, that would be great . Cheers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.