Dual Power supply for my pre-amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings to all the members,

I need help to build a dual power supply for my pre-amplifier board which requires ±22VDc (Max) for good operation.
The transformer which i have is a toroidal 50VA with Secondary output of 18v-0-18v.

PCB board that i have with me has been designed as per the schematic i have attached with this post.

I Request kind Members to Please recommend the components i hould use to receive the Maximum output of ±22VDc & Best power filtering from this Circuit.
Any Kind advises will be deeply appreciated. Thank you.

Best Regards.....

Attachments

• SP-5PCBSCH.png
    SP-5PCBSCH.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Measure the AC voltage going to the bridge. If the AC voltage more than 20 something than you are using 18v to 18v taps for a total of 36v. Wire up the transformer from one of the 18v taps to the 0v center tap. This will drop your voltage by half since you are only using one of the two winding available.

Connection is Correct,, Yes i have measured both the rails.

Plz let me check again

My Bad.... It seems i made a mistake while making the connections, Connection was as Shown below.

Trans AC1 (18v) -------->> PCB AC1 in
Trans 0volt -------->> PCB AC2 in
Trans AC2 (18v) -------->> PCB 0v in

Now i have disconnected the bad connections. Before I make the correct connections, does any one think that i might have some how damaged the transformer because of the bad connection???

Measure the AC voltage going to the bridge. If the AC voltage more than 20 something than you are using 18v to 18v taps for a total of 36v. Wire up the transformer from one of the 18v taps to the 0v center tap. This will drop your voltage by half since you are only using one of the two winding available.

My Bad.... It seems i made a mistake while making the connections, Connection was as Shown below.

Trans AC1 (18v) -------->> PCB AC1 in
Trans 0volt -------->> PCB AC2 in
Trans AC2 (18v) -------->> PCB 0v in

Now i have disconnected the bad connections. Before I make the correct connections, does any one think that i might have some how damaged the transformer because of the bad connection???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.