Luxman C-1000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear All,

A friend of mine brought a Luxman C-1000 and asked me for help on how to hook-up the amp. I thought it has its own power amp and connected speakers to the terminals provided behind, but there was no sound. I could not configure the connections and unable to get an operating manual. There are a pair of terminal written output to power amp and another pair written from power amp. Can someone help me with more information on how the connections should be made.

Thanks

Carlos

dont knw if this will help you but check this thread

Luxman L 110 - Audio & Video Forums

"The speaker outputs on the preamp are for "monitoring purposes" as Mc described it, basically they are a (very) low power, basic power amplifier, so you can connect small speakers to them, I don't know the philosophy behind it, maybe for a small "second zone", or for rear speakers (not surround, but somekind of "quadrophonic" system, for "non critic", and background listening for small speakers, so one can listen to the radio for example, check the news without having to fire up the big poweramp..."

You can connect a bridge between the speaker terminals on the power amp directly to the pre amp, then connect the speakers to the pre-amp. This is so that you can disconnect the speakers via a switch on the pre-amp rather than on the power amp, so that you never need to touch that. Pretty useless feature.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.