Sanyo JCX2900KR - very special Main Switch - Solution without Switch wanted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This receiver is showed about
Sanyo JCX2900KR | eBay
Service Manual is available about
Download the Sanyo JCX-2900-KR service manual for free - Hifi Manuals
Schematic is on the last page

The replacement for this push button switch from Sanyo, part No 141-4-231T-76472 (4231T76472) is the c&k "NE1839EE" - see pdf attachment and the German homepage of mouser
NE1839EE C&K Components Pushbutton Switches

Actually this is a combination of two switches.
1) the main switch
2) the slave switch (change-over switch resp. toggle switch - I don't know the right term for such switches both in English and German)

The purpose of this additional switch is the avoid of unwanted popping while switch off, because this additional switch shorted a capacitor in the DC protect assembly (transient noise protection while power off).

After remove this switch I do switch on and off by an external main rocker switch (power strip resp. mains distributor with "build in" solution).
In general also a switchable Hama Socket Adapter (00047726) is suited.
Very important is now, to switch off at first the speaker selector switch and then - as second step - switch off the external main switch.
If I forget this sequence and do switch off the external main switch at first, I observe a very hard and aggressively (sharp) popping in the speaker.

The DC protector "TA7317" about
TA7317P Datasheet pdf - PROTECTION CIRCUIT FOR OCL POWER AMPLIFIER AND SPEAKER - TOSHIBA
serves a transient noise protection while switch off. Thus the most obvious solution is the introduce such a unit.

But is there an other more easy and effortless solution?
To avoid in any case is, that a new built-in switch of this kind should continue to be used.

Attachments

• C&K NE1839EE.pushbutton.pdf
    77.2 KB · Views: 59
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.