Luxman DML-01 Dual monolithic IC's - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th February 2012, 01:11 AM   #1
Bigred is offline Bigred  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Luxman DML-01 Dual monolithic IC's

Luxman DML-01 Dual monolithic IC's as the title says. These were used in a number of Luxman amps such as the 5M21/5M20, 5L15, M12 & L10.

These IC's were problematic and as I found out you ended up with a nice doorstop when they failed and fail they would. I certainly wasn't the first but I found a work around and since then quite a number of wonderful Luxman amps have lived to create music another day.

Due to the number of inquiries I've had over the course of time I thought I'd come up with something that one without the technical ability or means could pretty much just drop in place. All you need to do is be able to de-solder/solder some pins, use a DMM and follow some simple instructions.

Pictured is my solution to the original IC. With a labour of love and that sense of diy pride I hand make each one. I don't think they are too bad either if I do say so myself

Click the image to open in full size.

Hide this!Advertise here!