Help with NAD 2600 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th February 2012, 12:24 AM   #1
kon10 is offline kon10  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Default Help with NAD 2600

Hello i have a NAD 2600 amp that not starts, when i press the power button nothing happens. The relays are quiet and none of the leds go on.
When i open the case and check the voltage that come after the fuse and the switch it says 50v when it is off and when i turn it on it says 226v so it seems to have power to the transformer.
But something i cant understand is why it says 50v in off mode it should have been 0v right?

On the 2 big caps there is a very little bump on top of them, can they been dried out and causing the problem? I also checked all the fuses and they are fine so now i donīt know the problem hoping that someone here know it.

Regards Axel
Old 12th February 2012, 02:45 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Anyone ?
Old 21st February 2012, 03:42 AM   #3
VMAudio is offline VMAudio  Spain
diyAudio Member

Are you tested the outputs of the tnasformer? If you have voltage:
Can you tested the rectifiers?
You should test the voltage at the out of +/- in rectifiers. Can be these are break down.

Last edited by VMAudio; 21st February 2012 at 04:07 AM. Reason: ampliation
Old 21st February 2012, 06:58 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Try looking at the voltage selector, last one i saw it had fell apart.

Chris
Old 21st February 2012, 07:01 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Measure the voltages across the main filter caps, the 50V may just be induced hiZ voltage which is nothing to worry about. DO you have a schematic?
Old 21st February 2012, 08:45 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddish75 View Post
Try looking at the voltage selector, last one i saw it had fell apart.

Chris
yes, in most cases internal metal parts of the black mains voltage selector is broken (is inside, in the attached picture at left from the mains transformer).

You should remove the rotary switch and solder the connections according to the correct mains voltage, if you don't move permanently to other countries.

Additional you shold resolder and clean the main PCB and polish the contacts of the speaker DC protection relays (PCB behind the power caps).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NAD 2600 Voltage selector.jpg (79.9 KB, 111 views)

Last edited by tiefbassuebertr; 21st February 2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old 29th March 2012, 11:35 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Hi sorry for late reply, i forget to check this site .
Now it is working, it was like you say the problem was the voltage selector, i did wire 2 cabels for 220v and it just work now.
But now i have to change the relay becouse they are bad, does anyone have info on a good replacement ?
Regards and sorry for my language.

And many thanks for the help

Last edited by kon10; 29th March 2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 29th March 2012, 02:35 PM   #8
Bill_P is online now Bill_P  United States
diyAudio Member

Look at <meta name="description" content="Klipsch audio systems provide the true audio/video lover a wide variety of high performance loudspeakers and loudspeaker systems for music and home theater entertainment centers, including iPod speakers, multimedia s for more information on the relay. The relay data sheet is at http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/sto...07-PX-1203.pdf

The coil is 24 volts with a 500 Ohm resistance. The silver plated switch contacts will carry 15 Amps continuously. Once you find relays with those electrical specifications, use the mechanical drawing in the data sheet to match up the size and pin locations with a suitable substitute from DigiKey, Mouser, or your favorite distributor.
Old 29th March 2012, 06:34 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kon10 View Post
Hi sorry for late reply, i forget to check this site .
Now it is working, it was like you say the problem was the voltage selector, i did wire 2 cabels for 220v and it just work now.
But now i have to change the relay becouse they are bad, does anyone have info on a good replacement ?
Regards and sorry for my language.

And many thanks for the help
I have always cleaning the contacts of both relais. This is easy to perform because the cover of the relay is to unfold. I. e. it is not necessary to desolder the relais therefore.
Unfortunately I cannot say clearly, whether this relay version is in use by all 2600 power amp devices.
It is to be avoided at all costs while switch-on of the relais, that there is already signal at the power amp output. That means, volume control must standing at the zero position until switch-on of the relais. Otherwise you will get unwanted transition resistance in series to the speaker leads after a short time.

Last edited by tiefbassuebertr; 29th March 2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 30th March 2012, 01:02 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Hi thanks for the answer, i shall try to clean the relays tomorrow, what can happen if i forget the volume knob at max when i tur the amp on or off? Did not quite understand that part.
And another question is if someone knows where i can get the Rack Handles to this series? I have search for it but not find them
Regards

Hide this!Advertise here!