Preamp suggestions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looking for some suggestions for a decent preamp circuit to build up. I'm currently leaning toward the Rod Elliott Project 88 (http://sound.westhost.com/project88.htm), but am wondering what alternatives exist.

Basically, what I'm looking for is a simple line preamp with premade PCBs available. Unbalanced I/O is fine, though I wouldn't mind having a few balanced ins and/or outs (my current power amp does have balanced ins, but it's the only piece of equipment I have that does any balanced I/O). I'm pretty new to this sort of thing, so I'd prefer something fairly simple and inexpensive, for which good documentation is available. Rod's preamp satifies all three of these conditions, so as I said, I'm leaning toward it, but if anyone has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,
Matt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.