Simple Operational Amplifier Design Considerations

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think you need to do a lot more reading before you attempt writing on technical issues. More reading will help you with two things:
1. Better understanding of technical issues,
2. Better understanding of how to write clearly.
Is English your first language? In places your writing looks like it has been poorly translated. How many years experience do you have in designing and debugging electronics? Lots of people want to write (including me!) but you have to think about what you can bring to the party which fills a gap left by others. As jcx says, who is your audience?

A line by line critique of your piece would be long and unhelpful.

The documents need illustrations, some math, and far fewer words.

In case you mean the Errata document, this document only applies to some of the threads I have published, however, I have posted the document to all threads I have started. I forgot what this, specific thread was. Maybe, the Errata document does not apply to this thread.

My comment is about your document in post #1.

These concepts are more visualized than verbalized.

Maybe, you are right. I do not remember what the document is. However, in case this is for a selection of an amplifier and the amplifier features, I will make much more on this topic in the future.

An interesting topic I would like to address is how to make a simple JFET input to an amplifier, which is based on bipolar transistors and, therefore, make an infinite input resistance amplifier with the qualities, very near these of the bipolar amplifier.

I was pleasantly surprised to have recently seen someone had done this in " The Art of Electronics ".

Obviously, some parameters have been compromised, but, not all and, probably, not the most important ones.

I have two favorite amplifiers : LM6171 and LM7171. They are similar, yet, LM6171 sacrifices some of the speed ( slew rate ) for audio level noise. LM7171 is faster ( probably, the fastest ), but, the noise is slightly higher, yet, still may be considered in the audio range.

Anyway, in " The Art of Electronics, in the chapter where they discuss JFET's, they suggest a circuit which uses LM6171 and a differential JFET input with LSK389. This is on page 154, Figure 3.37.

Also, on page 152, Figure 3.34, they suggest a similar circuit, which, however, uses one JFET ( not a differential input ).

The input capacitor and resistor can be omitted, although, they are 100M.

Anyway, I am not sure whether this is relevant to the original document, but, is good to mention.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.