150 W Mono Amp using 2SC5200 OT found on the net, comments appreciated !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I searched the net for a simple schematic to put my salvaged pair of 2SC5200 to good use.

As I need a small/cheap amp to power a sub in a PC system I a tending towards this one found on the net:

http://electro-bnl.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=15

Actually it's the only one I found.

An alternative would be using a pair of 2SC5200/2SA1943...

I would appreciate comments regarding the schematic in the link above and/or if you would go the way using the P-P-pair ?

Thanks,

Max

Last edited:
Apexaudio uses those devices in many of his designs.

Here is a design using my favorite the 2N3773's that I have been contemplating and someone asked if the 2SC5200 could be used and the answer was yes.

Amplifier for Beginners | Facebook

In the beginning of the thread it was stated that 100w/8r at +/- 50V rails with one pair of output devices.

As I said my old past favorite has been the 2N3773 but these are becoming more expensive as they start to disappear.
I have found the 2SC5200 to be slightly cheaper in most cases with a bit better specs.
So,it does seem to be the choice of the modern day.
I am going to have to get me some 2SC5200's and 2SA1943's to try out.

Check out his designs as many are very happy with them and a lot the specs I have seen are quite impressive for a fairly cheap and powerful amp.

I believe he is featuring an amp like you seem to be looking for right now in these threads.
Look for the AX14 or AX16 .

Here is the AX17 link from Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5689059092.191297.219135049092&type=1&theater

Enjoy !!

jer :)

Last edited:
Will work but don't expect too much from it.

There is not very good CCS for the input LTP , no current mirror and it have a bootstrap VAS (bootstrap is not that bad actually). Probably will lack of symmetry when clipping.

So as you said for a cheap sub amp is OK but not for anything else.
I suggest you too to use the Apexaudio schematic.

Best Regards!

Edit...just noticed +/-45 or +/-50 is too much for single pair of 2SC5200 isn't it?

Last edited:
In addition to some of those already mentioned, my initial concerns would be the the A.C. coupled signal path using three electrolytic capacitors, and the three 100pF stabilization capacitors, C5, C6, and C7 rather that a single dominant pole capacitor. This may indicate that the amplifier has potential stability issues. Overall, the design seems adequate for a generic audio power amplifier, however, I'm not so sure the designer had audiophile aspirations for it. Anyhow, that's my two cents.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.