Counterpoint SA12 MOSFETS RFM10P12 RFM10N12

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks Michael, higher voltage versions sound like a good bet, I imagine they should be pretty much a direct replacement? Have you two of each you would be willing to sell? PM me?

Would love to get the SA12 working again, sad seeing it sitting so forlorn.

Last edited:
I have only 9 pairs in stock. No problem selling 2 pairs. I'm quite certain they can replace the 120V version directly.

Price is US$16.50 each. This is my cost when I bought them in the early 90s. Mosfets were pretty expensive then.

Shipping is about US$8-10 (USPS 1st Class Air Mail) in Carton Box (8"x6"x4").

Do you happen to have the SA12 schematic? I always thought they used 2SK135 and 2SJ50 Hitachi Mosfets. I may be mistaken.

I don't have the schematic I'm afraid, would certainly be useful though. I think you're right, some did use the 2SK135s and 2SJ50s, others used the ones that are in mine.

Price sounds fine to me, thanks. Message me direct with payment details please, and I'll send my address.

I think you're right, some did use the 2SK135s and 2SJ50s, others used the ones that are in mine..

The SA12 used the RCA (then Harris) RFM12N10 & RFM12N10 (120V 10A TO3) and the Hitachi 2SK398 & 2SJ112 and finally the International Rectifier IRF130 & IRF9130(100V 14A/11A). All devices are vertical MOSFETs.

The Hitachi 2SK135 and 2SJ50 are lateral MOSFETS and not usable in the SA12 without modifying the design.

The NMOS and PMOS pairs must be closely matched

RCA (then Harris) RFM12N10 & RFM12N10 (TO3)

Ahh, happy days.
Not the same numbers, better duo actually, but neither are yours. (12A,100V)

Attachments

• RFP.jpg
    RFP.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 437
Ahh, happy days.
Not the same numbers, better duo actually, but neither are yours. (12A,100V)
Not sure what you mean, jacco.

The part numbers I quoted - RFM12N10 & RFM12N10 - are taken from the production inventory list. The parts you show are the TO220(?) packaged version - the difference is RFM versus RFP.

It is easy enough to transpose the numbers - so I went back to the archives and checked!

The SA100 and SA12 output stage is very similar. As in a late production SA12 will be identical to the SA100 but the main board is very different. The SA100 used the main board from the SA20/220.

So the schematic linked to is useful for rebuilding the output stage which is probably all that you need as the preceding circuitry is AC coupled.

Hello Dear Friends and Minded!
Trying to bring back to life my favorite oldman SA-12. Perhaps someone still have in stocks old original MOSFET IRF 130 and RFM 12P10 or some substitution?
With big hope and gratitude waiting for good news!!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.