audiolab 8000a help with component id

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

we are looking for the value of a blown resistor.
It's the din plugged earlier version of the 8000a.

The component is in the moving coil section.

To describe where it is, there are some transistors 1,2,3,4 etc.
immediately right of tr1 is a vertical resistor value 3k3
under this horizontally is the resistor that's burnt. the 1st colour looks like orange. If you know the value that's great, failing that could you send me a high res photo that we could zoom in and see the value ?

many thanks in advance.

Why are some people just so LAZY.

It took me 20 seconds to Google the schemtic.

Attachments

• 8000A.jpg
    8000A.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 138
Hi, the posted schematic is just the power amplifier stage, what is needed is the MC stage, rgds, sreten.

The easiest method is checking the same resistor in the other channel, unless the said resistor is part
of a common power supply for both channels, then you would need the power supply schematics.

Last edited:
Why are some people just so LAZY.

It took me 20 seconds to Google the schemtic.

hey cheeky ;)

took me less than that before I posted this thread !! . . but as kindly pointed out by sreten that's just the power stage. I need the mc stage.

Sreten, I will take a look. It's at my friends at the moment. He's good with electronics!

Puffin, I could post a picture, but it's at my friends at the moment and I don't think I can get there until next week and I know his camera isn't working!

I was hoping someone might be able to sneak a look inside if they had one and follow the description.

Failing that I will try and get a photo up as soon as possible

thanks for the posts

Sorry. I did notice that my post only had the pa stage.

I run Arcam and find them ever so accomodating. Not too sure who owns Audiolab these days.

Have both L + R failed....

No, what it is, my friend who fixes and upgrades hifi got this a few years back and used it as an experiment to see just how far he could take the audiolab. It's been up in his loft ever since! I'm interested to hear how it compares to what I have. He has checked it out to make sure it's all ok and has found this resistor burnt out.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.