cayin 270p

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Just wanted to share this schema..... I have to of this amps, bought them new for about 15 years ago, and now they produse a low sound in mid and high when idling... caps changing perhaps? any toughts?
they also been to the seller for a upgrade abouth 7-8 years ago... where there was added some transistors and what not... dont know if that really helpt. will post pics on that later. anyone ever owned these amps.. thought on quality?? they served me well, so no regrets, but want to adress the zzzzzzumming when idling. zumming on both amps= same problem? also want to know what the different trimpots r... ie bias, dc and so on
thanks for any input

Regards

Attachments

• Cayin270 (1).pdf
    46.5 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
homemodder. producer is cayin sparks.... they do alot of hifi. low cost from china but supprisingly good stuff. .was thinking about the caps. you know what the different trimpots adjust?
regarding zenercap what will be the purpose?

thanks

R106 adjusts DC offset. VR101 adjusts the current in the VAS stage. VR102 adjusts the idle bias current.

A capacitor across DW107 would filter any noise the Zener produces. I would say your issues are caused by capacitors near the end of their life.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
recapping

so started the job of recapping when i found this little rascal... :eek:
63v on a 75v rail...... think that was a problem :)
anyhow... now changing to kendeils all over psu.

Attachments

• 63v on 75 v rails.jpg
    63v on 75 v rails.jpg
    678.1 KB · Views: 154
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.