yamaha B4 B5 amplifer Vintage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi there , a pair of Yamaha B4 and a pair of Yamaha B5 amps are avialable for sale. B4 is 120 w/ch and switchable to 30 w/ch using VFETs.

the B5 is 240 W/Ch also using VFETS known for good warm sound.

I am currently running KRELL KRC-HR preamp +KRELL FPB 600.All class A but honestly a bit sterile in mid range with B&W 802.

My question is that for argument/experiment sake should i biamp B4+B4 class A i.e 30 watt mid, and 30 watts bass bins. or B4+B4 30 watts class A mid+120 Watts bass bins or bi-amp B4+B5.

Its on a used flea market and going around 300-400 USD per peice so cannot audition them without buying them. Please dont throw the question of replacing KRELL with yamaha its just vintage collection , good looking pair or the pair could be used "some day " with class A warm sound for some full range or horns.

Any one having experience with these Yamaha B4-B5 ?? BTW sounded nice in the flea market noise on some pro speakers .
Any

ITs front end it fully regulated, By pusing the Class A button the voltage rail drops from +/- 72 Volts to +/- 36 volts ,incresing bias current through a relay mechanism and hence increasing VA stability or Pseudo-regulation. supposed to give better sound for less wattage application. the Vfets are 2SC2460B 2SA1050B pull push pairs on each side.

ITs front end it fully regulated, By pusing the Class A button the voltage rail drops from +/- 72 Volts to +/- 36 volts ,incresing bias current through a relay mechanism and hence increasing VA stability or Pseudo-regulation. supposed to give better sound for less wattage application. the Vfets are 2SC2460B 2SA1050B pull push pairs on each side.

Please note that the only Yamaha power amplifiers using VFets were the B1, B2 and B3.
The amplifiers you offer for sale have no VFets but Bipolairs when I am right.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.