Plinius III 80 watt p/c class AB Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just recieved a plinius 2b pre that has been rather badly 'fixed', mainly re-soldering some dodgy PCB tracks. Anyway.... in the process things would appear to have gone badly wrong. Anybody have a schemtic for this otherwise very tidy preamp so I can bring her back from the dead? Ta in advance.

Plinius VIIc

Just answering my own question, I confirm that the Schematic for the III is good for the VIIIc. I traced it out only diff is that the power supply feed tru the emitter resistors to the rails. Will post the Schematic for others to use plus pictures. Keep a lookout! Also the drivers and output transistors are the Toshiba ones that is now obsolete 2SA1302 and 2SC3281 Be warned there is some fake ones out there!:mad:

Happy new year... looks like this thread has stalled so Ill add my 2cents..

Ive been given a IIc preamp without PS so I did some digging and found that there are 2 different voltage options +/-23 and +/-33 (see Plinius Tech Note..) . The S/N 68985 so I assumed the option for this unit was 33V... after setting up a low noise adj PS at 33V and plugging it in I find the output driver transistors running VERY hot so I quickly wound the PS down to 23 only to find the muting relay dropped out..?

Adjusting the PS up to 25V seemed to work fine although the transistors feel warm (but not hot..) this IMO is unusual when you consider 2N5087 are only rated for 0.6W.. so my question is can someone assist with a schematic and/or any advice on how to proceed with this.

I plan to give this a full recapping with ELNA and a few extra tweaks here and there - def the PS PCB tracks are well in need of attention

Attachments

• PLINIUS_Model_IIb_IIc_2.4_PSU_Data.pdf
    24.1 KB · Views: 406
Hi there - resurrecting this thread AGAIN.

Im in NZ and I just scored a Plinius IIc. It needs a lot of work including building a powersupply. The pdf at post #73 above was VERY useful - thanks.

Im wondering about the mute relay activation - if I feed that particular pin the required voltage, that shoudl hold it closed? thanks again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.