WHAT the heck is this ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Well I'm very fond of transformer output DACs. I've built quite a few and am listening to one now. So I can imagine that the weird 4 banger tranfo on the output could work well.
But as for what's going on at the input, that's beyond me. :scratch:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Last edited:
I am very sorry you cannot fully understand this link. I am Italian and can read.

This guy is completely nut, ultra catholic with a personal view on quantum physic, and how he can basically make a transformer that accellerates quanti instead of stopping them.

Something he build is amazing, like the huge subwoofer in the apartment. But the rest is pure delirium, in some moment preety hylarious.

Best Regards,

Davide

I guess what Bigun asks is what the strange coil next to the rack is doing : As I understand it, it is transmitting SPDIF signal to the quad-coiled transformers in the DAC. (check the schematic in the link for the DAC)

So the digital audio signal is radio-transmitted from the 'funky-coil' to the build-in coils in the DAC.

I am very sorry you cannot fully understand this link. I am Italian and can read.

This guy is completely nut, ultra catholic with a personal view on quantum physic, and how he can basically make a transformer that accellerates quanti instead of stopping them.

Something he build is amazing, like the huge subwoofer in the apartment. But the rest is pure delirium, in some moment preety hylarious.

Best Regards,

Davide
Hi agree Davide, complete B.S. (but very high craftmanship) :violin:

A friend at one of the most prestigious universities in Italy and now a professor (not even 30) in the USA in the field of mathematics applied to quantum physics told me the science behind the link is completely insane. Nothing of it is actually remotely rational.

very good craftmanship nonetheless..

Rule of Thumb (which has not failed me yet): When "quantum" is invoked in the context of hifi, it's hokum.

Second Rule of Thumb (ditto): When a breakthrough in our fundamental understanding of the physical nature of the universe occurs, it is unlikely to be from a guy who builds hifi gadgets.

The diagrams with the arrows are classics of the genre.

Best Regards,
Davide
This subwoofer is mentioned by post #1 about
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subw...orld-milano-full-power-down-10hz-galerie.html
Have anyone heard this system?
In comparison, my custom made bass transmission projects, e. g. by post 12 about
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subw...ld-milano-full-power-down-10hz-galerie-2.html
and the pics on my website only very small tasks, but powerful enough in all cases until now.

More exotic transducers for bass transmission you will find about
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subw...ofer-drivers-transducers-subwoofer-beast.html

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.